Overclock.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Getting used to 'new'
5,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've finally been able to get my friend's new build up and running for him (see the rigs at the bottom) but I have ran into a few problems.

First: I can't install the latest drivers. I go to install the latest driver and it hangs after 15 seconds. I have to force quit - then windows automatically starts installing the other driver (311 or so)

Next: when launching HoN (Heroes of Newerth) the monitor blacks out. It states there is no connection, and hibernates - so I'm guessing it is a GPU issue.
There are a few more things I need to update for him (Java, Adobe, etc) but I'm hoping to get this fixed. I'll be back in a little bit. I need to get back to work on it. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: No OC - all stock

Update: Just killed the display with TEKKIT (MineCraft). So it isn't a HoN thing

Update: Black screen was from over heating - fan wasn't spinning and reapplied TIM

What is a decent budget GPU that can give him 30FPS at 1440x900 at medium or high quality.NOT Ultra High. He plays MOBAs and lower demanding games. At most: Skyrim, Borderlands 2, Civ 5, and HoN. I think he is good for HoN right now, but his card is burning right now. It needs to be low power, he will upgrade the PSU later.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts