Overclock.net banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hooked up a pair of San Ace fans 120x38mm to an external fan controller. The controller has 4 other 140mm fans on it. Played 3 matches of UT4 and I could tell something was wrong. Removed the fans and put the old one back in and my aim felt like it was back to normal
Maybe it's just me, but how would PC fans have any sort of impact on your aim in games?...

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
Maybe it's just me, but how would PC fans have any sort of impact on your aim in games?...
Yeah I know, right? As far as I know it shouldn't make a difference. Both fans are DC 12v 0.24A. They only have 2 wires coming from the fan and I'm assuming the red go inline with the red; maybe the circuitry is wrong? Some electrical issue causing a problem with the USB input devices like too much drawl on a rail, which I can't imagine how.

EDIT: It might be the fan controller. When I hooked up the San Ace fans again to my second fan controller you can hear a constant tiny electrical ticking when the control knob is turned down for low fan speed. When the controller knob is set to full speed the electrical ticking noise is gone. The sound is kinda like when the pilot light of a furnace is trying to kick on and the furnace motherboard is sending an electrical charge to ignite the pilot flame.

·
Registered
857 Posts
5800x beats the 11th gen Intel chips posted. 5900x or better crushes them.

I was looking at new rigs and benchmarks earlier, and it seems unilaterally agreed upon by most neutral benchmarkers that 11th gen Intel chips are doo doo. Most people were expecting for them to at least beat Zen 3. Intel is in panic mode for sure, approaching DEFCON 1.

I heard most of the architecture design is done in Israel, maybe they need to fire a whole bunch of people and get a new engineering team in there. They let their competitor who they safely had beaten for generations make a comeback because they couldn't figure out how to make a viable 10nm or smaller chip, and have been stuck on 14nm for too many generations. That's a design/engineering problem right there, and they can solve that by firing the incompetent fools designing the chips.

Although, to be fair, I think AMD might have actual Grey Aliens working for them, so......

·
OG AMD
8,953 Posts
Unfortunately AMD has always had their problems with ongoing USB issues, either horrid designs delivered by all the AMD manufacturers or AMD couldn't give a toss at providing no support whatsoever, to the masses of fools that exist out there.

Have switched on over to my 10900K series with Z490 motherboard, sweet 24/7 reliability and all the USB ports work with all of my peripherals.

Sometimes you need to suffer the fools pushing junk hardware to really appreciate the Intel realm when it comes to 24/7 reliability, something you will never get with any AMD product.

Maybe why the business world has chosen the Intel side over many decades simply because of that vital fact of wanting functioning PC hardware to remain in business.
I have not had one USB issue on any Ryzen system...but then I don't buy ASUS crap either. Every ASUS board Iv'e had had USB disconnects. Get MSI or ASRock mb and be happy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have not had one USB issue on any Ryzen system...but then I don't buy ASUS crap either. Every ASUS board Iv'e had had USB disconnects. Get MSI or ASRock mb and be happy.
Then you’ve must have been very unlucky. I’ve more or less never had any issues with ASUS motherboards. I’ve tried one MSI and unfortunately experienced massive issues with it.

With that said, your statement is inaccurate - since people can experience issues with any motherboard and brand. Seeing as no system is the same.

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,751 Posts
Have had ASRock and MSI (x570 and B550) boards, but their bios is atrocious on a universal scale. Also with MSI, their settings were never kept and were always readjusting despite my settings that were being applied and forgotten when restarted.

In the end, went with the ASUS version of INTEL, now the bios is back and everything works perfectly with EVERYTHING. Their BIOS is simply supreme on every level, holds all settings that were made.

This is what makes ASUS better by providing a far superior bios layout, than any other manufacturer out there.

Maybe Intel dealt with all their USB issues a long time ago, hence no problems with their hardware connecting reliably and staying connected for weeks and months at a time.

·
Vandelay Industries
2,400 Posts
Have had ASRock and MSI (x570 and B550) boards, but their bios is atrocious on a universal scale. Also with MSI, their settings were never kept and were always readjusting despite my settings that were being applied and forgotten when restarted.

In the end, went with the ASUS version of INTEL, now the bios is back and everything works perfectly with EVERYTHING. Their BIOS is simply supreme on every level, holds all settings that were made.

This is what makes ASUS better by providing a far superior bios layout, than any other manufacturer out there.

Maybe Intel dealt with all their USB issues a long time ago, hence no problems with their hardware connecting reliably and staying connected for weeks and months at a time.
Odd as I have 2 Asrock boards and haven't had one issue with any of the 4 bioses I've used. Also odd there are threads on this site with Intel platforms having those issues, yet I haven't had any on my Intel platforms either.

Maybe just maybe, some ppl get bad luck of the draw or partially responsible for the issues themselves

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,751 Posts
Maybe just maybe, some ppl get bad luck of the draw or partially responsible for the issues themselves
Mostly bad luck with hanging onto AMD in general here.

Sometimes when hardware continually fails you, instead of being loyal until death, you have to change sides completely. Far more logical to try another competitor instead of desperately waiting for another firmware update (normal AMD affliction here).

With Intel, it just plainly works without any firmware updates. Win (Redmond) 10 loves Intel, it installs everything from the get go hence why fight it?

·
Registered
181 Posts

One of the reasons why I stoped buying MSI was actually that, some settings wouldn't apply no matter what.
But unlike you I had much better experience with Asrock boards, from the X370 Taichi to the B550 Extreme, they been rock solid choices and their Bios are pretty good, no issues here.

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,751 Posts
But unlike you I had much better experience with Asrock boards, from the X370 Taichi to the B550 Extreme, they been rock solid choices and their Bios are pretty good, no issues here.
Not trying to BURN all Asrock products here, they are indeed far superior to the GIGABYTE junkware and of course MSI.

ASUS just has the very BEST bios layout and with loads of settings that hold. That is what it comes down to. If Asrock decided to copy all of ASUS bios settings then I would switch on over to them immediately.

But I am talking about the AMD system here. The INTEL side is a whole different universe altogether that seems far better when it comes to increased VRM capacity and of course, the slew of new ASUS models that are available.

After over 4 years of being an AMD Zealot, have received some proper antidote of Intel hardware to recover from this AMD sickness. Glad I finally recovered.

·
OG AMD
8,953 Posts

Their bios is superior to people who only know Asus bios. Kinda like Bios for Dummies. I agree novice users should stick to Intel.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Their bios is superior to people who only know Asus bios. Kinda like Bios for Dummies. I agree novice users should stick to Intel.
There's a reason why Intel side of things are more stable and reliable - because they've been in the game longer than AMD.

AMD more or less only have Ryzen since 2017 with the launch of their first gen Ryzen. Intel has been for decades and hence had all that time to refine their platforms. So obviously they have a lot going for them in that regard, would be strange otherwise.

Although AMD has come a long way from not only being the massive underdog, which they still are, but also almost going bankcrupt to now having billions in revenues each year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nothing wrong with my PSUs
I have EVGA SN G3 1200W and Silverstone SFX SLT 1000W, tired both same result.
They work in other systems fine.

ASUS isn't a cheap MB the C8I is the most expensive SFF MB on x570 range from any manufacturer.

USB disconnects seems common on the AMD, even AMD confirmed there's an issue. (Just because you don't experience it or notice it doesnt mean it don't exist)

The DRAM stability has got better overtime with BIOS updates, still not great.

As this is for work I need something more stable, Ryzen might be fine for your use but everyone has different needs. It doesnt meet my needs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No PSU issues, I have EVGA SN G3 1200w and Silverstone SLT 1000w they work perfectly fine in other systems (with 3090FE)

Only fix that works is to disable PCI-E 4.0.

[QUOTE="Already there and LOVING it. Have no reason to ever go back unless their 5000G series is finally released next year some time.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Elrick, will follow your lead.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts