Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice to be here. I have lurked for months, gleaning info for my second build, a $1500 gaming rig looking forward to Battlefield 3.

It's a ground up build, mouse to monitor. I just made a run down to Philly to the Micro Center for the last few parts, also went with Newegg for the bulk of items.

I'm also on the old side here, 51 in a few weeks. Wife and two teenage daughters (don't even ask) but have been a gamer since Intellivision and Atari 2600. I do electrical cad design for day work, and graphic arts design in the evenings. Guitars and music is big too.

I will start a build thread this weekend if thats is the protocol. thanks for having me. I can have my ass busted pretty good, so take shots when I need a point in the right direction.

(old guy sez woot)

MrExcite

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Welcome To OCN, Hope you have a great time here
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
270 Posts
Welcome to OCN
smile.gif

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome, gonna post first pic of the hardware, everything should coincide with my system info. Came in a little high at $1590, if Micro Center had that Z68 board in stock, I would have scored $70 off on discounts and I5 bundle, oh well . . .

100_1131.jpg

·
Registered
170 Posts
welcome to ocn! I see you have a beautiful pile of technology there. I'm sure it will come together well (and overclock like a beast) . Build logs are always entertaining so feel free to indulge us ;p

enjoy and good luck!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, got the build thread under way right here

Stop over if you get the chance, second build ever, and I would love crits or suggestions. Thanks !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts