Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday i sold my beloved Classified/920 D0/Mushkin setup. I had absolutely no problem and it worked perfect for me. But i guess it was time to play with something new. So i decided to take the Z77 way. What i am consireding to get is:

Asus Maximus Gene V
i7 2600k (Temporarly, since 3770K will be available mid June here)
Mushkin 8Gb 1600C8
Seasonic Platinum 860w (If i manage to find it anywhere, second option is Corsair AX 750W)

What do you think about this setup. I will use my watercooling setup and i ll OC to the max stable. I use my pc for folding/gaming/internet. Maybe i ll also sell my 5870 for a GTX 670, if i ll not wait for gk110.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Honestly..
Seems like a solid set-up, nice parts and everything...
But you should of waited a bit till the 3770K came out, so you can play with it from the get go...
I have almost the same x58 set-up as you minus the RAM, and this system is working great for me...

It's always fun to play with new hardware!!!!!
Enjoy your new system!!!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would also like to get a 3770 from the beginning, but that will take longer than one month and i have to play some D3. I would like to know if there is a better mb in terms of ocing for example, or if i should get faster ram.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes i m aware of the samsung ram, but unfortunately i cant find them anywhere here. If anyone has a clue where i can get them in europe please share
wink.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts