Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,852 Posts
Out of stock, at least for those who need shipping.

I was entertaining the idea of upgrading my CPU since I can't seem to get it above 3.64, but the next cheapest is $165 at newegg.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,732 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by DJ-of-E
View Post

Those who live near's a Fry's electronics, it's $129.99 now!

http://www.frys-electronics-ads.com/...I-X4-965-Black

I wish Intel would offer a good quad around that price. I have 3 775 comps that I'd love to pop a cheap quad into, but there's no way I'm gonna pay the Q9550 prices. I'd rather just scrap them and build new comps. The only option is a Q8200 and I'd rather just stick with a dual
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,732 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by listen to remix
View Post

I wonder how much further it will drop after the Bulldozer comes out


At some point, you're going to see prices rebound back up after AMD stops making these. I'd imagine once the quad Thubans are out there, they'll stop making these and the price will be higher.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,788 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by sccr64472
View Post

At some point, you're going to see prices rebound back up after AMD stops making these. I'd imagine once the quad Thubans are out there, they'll stop making these and the price will be higher.


So... it will keep dropping until they stop making them and then they'll increase and then eventually drop again?

I sold my 955 and got a 555. I'm just waiting for the perfect time to get a real quad-core again
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,243 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by sccr64472
View Post

At some point, you're going to see prices rebound back up after AMD stops making these. I'd imagine once the quad Thubans are out there, they'll stop making these and the price will be higher.

i concur, prolly not higher, but just flat line until the stock are depleted or discontinued.

Wished Fry's still have them combo deals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,008 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sccr64472 View Post
I wish Intel would offer a good quad around that price. I have 3 775 comps that I'd love to pop a cheap quad into, but there's no way I'm gonna pay the Q9550 prices. I'd rather just scrap them and build new comps. The only option is a Q8200 and I'd rather just stick with a dual

What?

The q9550 is 150 at microcenter....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,914 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhaedraCorruption View Post
What?

The q9550 is 150 at microcenter....
lolwut?
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top