Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw these deal at Fry's in Houton(highway 59 one)

Fujitsu 300GB,10K rpm, Ultra320, 68pins, model MAW3300NP $80.19
same as above, unknown model $89.99

Fujitsu 147GB,15K rpm, Ultra320, 80pins, unknown model $85.28
Fujitsu 73.5GB,15K rpm, dual port SAS, MAX3073RC $29.99
Fujitsu 147GB,15K rpm, SAS/300 dual port, MAX3147RC $72.89

I'm not sure exactly how much these things should cost but when I googled some of them they cost a lot more than the sticker price I saw at Fry's.....I think it's a YMMV deal but worth telling I think.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Got the last 73gb SAS from the Arlington store in Dallas for $30, sweet, my Bloodrage will be here on Tuesday. Now I just need a second one for RAID 0.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by utnorris
View Post

Got the last 73gb SAS from the Arlington store in Dallas for $30, sweet, my Bloodrage will be here on Tuesday. Now I just need a second one for RAID 0.

can you use SAS drives on regular desktop motherboard? or do you need some kind of special controller/converter to do so?
maybe i should go get some 30 bucks SAS drives too...lol

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Cheapest controller will run you about $150-$200. Only the Bloodrage and Asus P6 WS come with SAS ports already.

So, no you do not need to go down to Fry's and get the SAS drive, stay away from Fry's.

P.S. Race you.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

View Post

Cheapest controller will run you about $150-$200. Only the Bloodrage and Asus P6 WS come with SAS ports already.

So, no you do not need to go down to Fry's and get the SAS drive, stay away from Fry's.

P.S. Race you.

lol I see how that is....Bloodrage rocks...
maybe I should go and grab some SCSI SAS drives and resell them and then build an I7 system...nah...too much trouble lol

hope you get another SAS drive that you needed for RAID-0
if you need any help let me know I can probably check out the Fry's here and see if they still have the drive you wanted.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Cheapest controller will run you about $150-$200.

due to my recent exposure to two things, i would argue that

1: link
2: ebay

if you check the ebay auctions details, you will find one that uses the first link as a reference.. great seller, i purchased one from him unsure of who he is on here though!
(said he <3 Overclock.net basically)

shame about companies making "in store only" deals. thats really unfair imo lol i would love to pick up more sas drives

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
great deal on the 73.5GB-$30!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nardox View Post
I saw these deal at Fry's in Houton(highway 59 one)
Hmm i wonder if they have those at the one by 45.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nardox
View Post

lol I see how that is....Bloodrage rocks...
maybe I should go and grab some SCSI SAS drives and resell them and then build an I7 system...nah...too much trouble lol

hope you get another SAS drive that you needed for RAID-0
if you need any help let me know I can probably check out the Fry's here and see if they still have the drive you wanted.

Yeah, got my stores mixed up, it was the Irving store that I wiped out. I checked the Garland store earlier, no go there. I will check Arlington, but I doubt they have it. Just need one more,

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

View Post

Ok, so it looks like Dallas is wiped out. The 2 they had in Arlington supposedly were being used by one of ther store servers.

lol wth they had 2 but used it in store servers...

I will take a look when I go pass the Fry's near me again, if I see it, I will let you know

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Thanks I appreciate it. I have a feeling that when the sales person or supervisor saw what it was it suddenly was no longer available. They had a Tagan case also, the Black Pearl, that supposedly was missing the sides and was scratched and all they would do was take 5% off of the clearance price. They can't sell it, they can't send it back to Tagan and yet they wouldn't take anything more off of it, which makes me think it wasn't messed up after all, especially since they didn't want to bring it out for me to see. Oh well, what do you do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts