Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Razer Blackwidow for $59, which is $20 off the normal price. This is a good entry level mechanical keyboard.

I believe this is in-store only since it doesn't show the $59 online, but it's in the newspaper ad

·
Premium Member
3,789 Posts
Any thoughts about this for $60? I'll never be able to choose what to get..

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzie;13138003
Any thoughts about this for $60? I'll never be able to choose what to get..
Well for $60 it's basically the cheapest you will be able to get unless you go with a used IBM Model M on ebay, which is a gamble since great/new Model Ms go for $100+

I think the razer is a safe bet on what your getting. It's around the same price as your typical dome "gamer" keyboards anyways.

·
Too Poor For This
7,054 Posts
I bought mine when Newegg had a $10 off deal for $70 and i've been loving it ever since. Love the Cherry Blues. I just wish I got the ultimate so I could have the back lighting but that nearly doubles the price :/

·
Registered
283 Posts
Completely missed this deal when I was looking at their giant weekly ad in my paper lol

For $80+tax I was iffy, but now I guess I'm gonna get a new keyboard

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
These use blue switches... which aren't that good for gaming. Not sure why razor claims they are "gaming" keyboards.

Brown switches are usually the most recommended for gaming, my XArmor is coming today.. I think I made the right choice. They cost about 3x more than this tho.

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nexus6
View Post

This doesn't come with backlit keys, or does it.

Does not have backlit keys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murlocke
View Post

These use blue switches... which aren't that good for gaming. Not sure why razor claims they are "gaming" keyboards.

Brown switches are usually the most recommended for gaming, my XArmor is coming today.. I think I made the right choice. They cost about 3x more than this tho.

Yeah but I guess it all depends on the user. I prefer my buckling IBM keys over my cherry blacks even though I think most people would be the complete opposite. I might just end up buying this deal to try out the blues.

·
Too Poor For This
7,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlocke;13140090

There is no such thing as a "gaming" switch. All switches are down to personal preference and that is it. The biggest flaw would probably be the lack of nkro.

·
Banned
10,327 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmorin
View Post

nice find. exactly what I needed to convince myself to get one!

+rep

It is an amazing keyboard. The blues work very well. I have noticed the keys are getting worn down a bit. Seems a little harder to press.

...might just need to clean my keyboard.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Indeed. The BlackWidow only has 2KRO.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murlocke
View Post

This is different with Cherry blue switches. Razer changed the press for gaming.

·
Premium Member
2,589 Posts
Just a note to everyone that this thing is massive, and would totally be non-ergonomic if you have a small frame.

I have one and I'm currently in the process of finding a tenkeyless because my arms almost makes a 180 while gaming and my right arm does a 30 while tying
frown.gif

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
If you're looking for a full keyboard, I would recommend the XArmor U9Plus that's on sale right now. It's probably a bit more than this+tax.

Edit: meant tax, not sh

1 - 20 of 31 Posts