Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/12/26/ea-says-star-wars-battlefront-isnt-getting-any-the-force-awakens-dlc/
Quote:
"Our team is focusing on the original trilogy for this release of Star Wars Battlefront," EA said responding to a fan question about Episode VII content on Twitter.

Many fans hoped that future DLC would draw from the new film (which practically everyone seems to love), either from the battles we see in the film, or at least using the new heroes. Finn, Rey, Poe and Kylo Ren seemed like shoe-ins for future heroes.
It makes no sense, especially for a company like EA who's never had a problem sacrificing profits for quality before.

The Force Awaken is by far the BEST and MOST INCREDIBLE Star Wars movie ever made and EA has an all encompassing license to it.

And yet, they refuse to put it in their most hyped game of the year?
doh.gif

·
Eh, Wha?
9,947 Posts
EA hates being smart, what else can we say?

·
Intel Pariah
2,386 Posts
They Gonna milk the old trilogy then the prequel trilogy then they gonna look at the new trilogy.

Business 101, Milk as much as you can.

·
Skating Enthusiast
8,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frickfrock999 View Post

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/12/26/ea-says-star-wars-battlefront-isnt-getting-any-the-force-awakens-dlc/
It makes no sense, especially for a company like EA who's never had a problem sacrificing profits for quality before.

The Force Awaken is by far the BEST and MOST INCREDIBLE Star Wars movie ever made and EA has an all encompassing license to it.

doh.gif
I imagine they have great plans for milking Battlefront. Releasing DLC for the Force Awakens means they won't be able to make a whole game about it later.

EDIT: Ahh I was beaten to it.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
My biggest reason to not SW:BF was lack of content.... this doesn't really bolster my confidence that there ever will be enough to make it worth it.

·
InstantAli3n
2,002 Posts
Guys come on, how else would they milk the series if they didn't make a game for each trilogy? That's what they're doing here. They've learned to play the long con since the "quick cash" strategy was just getting them sued, negating profits, and killing sales since nobody wanted to buy games from them.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I was interested in this game for a moment, despite its poor user ratings. The lack of content compared to SWBFII is already astounding, now they're planning on skipping content from Ep VII.
Try a little harder EA, you might win the golden poo yet again!
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
376 Posts
Honestly though, what would they add from the new movie that would be so great? How would Kyle Ren be any different from Vader, or Finn from Han Solo? And I really liked the movie, but it didn't have any "set piece" battles that would work in a game like Battlefront. There's nothing anywhere close to something like the battle on Hoth or on Endor in the Force Awakens. One of the few disappointing things about the movie was it didn't have any new or different vehicles (heck, just X-Wings and Tie Fighters, not even A-wings or Y-Wings) or anything we haven't seen before, Still really good, though, LOL.

I would, however, have liked to see them add the First Order Stormtrooper armor as an unlockable. Maybe even the Captain Armor (Phasma's armor) as well.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post

My biggest reason to not SW:BF was lack of content.... this doesn't really bolster my confidence that there ever will be enough to make it worth it.
I am Frank and I approve this message.

thumb.gif

·
Banned
6,632 Posts
I refunded this trash immediately, the lack of content and absolutely miserable copy-paste and simplified battlefield gameplay is just straight awful. The game feels like a demo, and at that, a bad demo.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
At least we know that Sci-fi is capable of making money, hopefully that encourages some real talent to get out there and produce something that wasn't edited by preschoolers (I love TFA but some of the decisions made in that movie really make me wonder if Hollywood isn't already run by either monkies or a rudimentary AI).

I'll be in the corner staring at a blank screen while pretending to fly a space ship, which to date is probably still the best way to enjoy any Science Fiction universe.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Well worth the 30 bucks i dropped on it. For $60? No way.

It's far more casual than something like Battlefield, but it's also a blast. Seriously, I've had the most fun with it out of anything this year.

It's the content that's a massive let down, but as i said, for $30 it's worth it imo. DICE doesn't mess around with their sound design, their games are always top notch on that front. Battlefront has probably got the best sound I've ever heard in a game.. But that may just be the Star Wars fan in me talking.
tongue.gif

Give it a go if you can, but just for pure fun, don't expect CS:GO.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
867 Posts
They definitely don't want to "waste" the new stuff on just a DLC or two when it could potentially diminish the initial sales impact of their first AAA game based on the new stuff.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Star Wars Battlefront is probably the most useless game in history of gaming. A part fantastic graphics and sound, the games gives nothing to players. It looks nice, it sounds nice and that's it. I was skeptical for Battlefield 4 in terms of content, now even Battlefield 4 is full game when comparing it to this garbage.

Yet, it sells well because of the hype, like any other movie-games.

Gives you 9 guns, bunch of maps. DLC adds a new game mode which is available ONLY for ONE specific map. It has no single player.

Battlefront is the game which shows how a Star Wars game SHOULD NOT have been made. It's an anti-Star Wars game.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesku View Post

They definitely don't want to "waste" the new stuff on just a DLC or two when it could potentially diminish the initial sales impact of their first AAA game based on the new stuff.
Unless they change the way the game is, holding off on DLC isn't going to do much of any good apart from those who are utterly vexed by sound and graphics at the cost of losing so many features the previous game had. A 24h peak of 32,512 on PC seems kinda low for a triple A game that isn't even old yet. Can only hope in the next installment they actually look at Battlefront II and advance from that game and not EA Battlefront.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Quote:

doh.gif
Ahahahaha. No.

·
Banned
8,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setzer View Post

Quote:

The Force Awaken is by far the BEST and MOST INCREDIBLE Star Wars movie ever made
Ahahahaha. No.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
All I can see in this topic:

"Milk, milk, milk"

Let's see, if you were EA and that "milking" would bring in some more millions to your company, you wouldn't do it? Right?

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRabbit View Post

All I can see in this topic:

"Milk, milk, milk"

Let's see, if you were EA and that "milking" would bring in some more millions to your company, you wouldn't do it? Right?
Most if not all of us would. They are running a business and not a charity. Not to mention if they release it as DLC instead of a new game then we loose the chance for a lot of improvements in mechanics/gameplay. I don't know why people feel entitled to buy one game and it cover everything in the star wars universe.

I'll be the first to agree that BF was lacking in content and they should look to get us something (I missed my return window
frown.gif
), but it doesn't mean they should just add in the other 4 movies as DLC. Id rather have them make a sequel any day then just add content to BF.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.walker36 View Post

Most if not all of us would. They are running a business and not a charity. Not to mention if they release it as DLC instead of a new game then we loose the chance for a lot of improvements in mechanics/gameplay. I don't know why people feel entitled to buy one game and it cover everything in the star wars universe.

I'll be the first to agree that BF was lacking in content and they should look to get us something (I missed my return window
frown.gif
), but it doesn't mean they should just add in the other 4 movies as DLC. Id rather have them make a sequel any day then just add content to BF.
And here comes into play "Vote with your wallet" but...the next game is released, people will still buy it and then complain again, rinse and repeat. EA is an company out there to make as much money as they can, no matter how. Stop blaming them and blame yourself or the people who buy the games.

EA isn't some "true evil" out there. EA, Activision, Blizzard, they all do it but then comes in the factor that some people like one game more than the other which both are from different publishers and then it's easier to bash the other one. EA was one of the most hated companies in America but see, people still bought their games, so who's to blame exactly?

1 - 20 of 138 Posts