Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Codemasters announces that F1 2010 will hit Xbox 360, PC, and PS3 this Sept:
A new generation of FORMULA ONE games will come to high definition consoles and PC later this year as Codemasters® today announced that F1 2010 will be released this September for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC Games For Windows®.
As the official game of the 2010 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, F1 2010 will include all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from the coming season. F1 2010 will feature the return of seven times FORMULA 1 Drivers’ World Champion Michael Schumacher, the introduction of several new teams, and the brand new Korean International Circuit that will host the 2010 FORMULA 1 KOREAN GRAND PRIX. The September launch will see F1 2010 become the first official FORMULA ONE game to appear for Xbox 360 and marks the return of FORMULA ONE to PC after an eight year absence.

·
Premium Member
18,591 Posts
Awesome, Codemasters have this game. Should be able to look forward to some more fun racing.

I loved GRID and Dirt!

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by angrysasquatch View Post
rofl you read my mind man. Codemasters, so almost guaranteed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabkicks View Post
wonder if the physics will be garbage.

Quote:
In order to implement DirectX 11, Codemasters called AMD to help them out. Officially, AMD "provided Codemasters with access to our software engineering expertise in DirectX 11 technologies". To cut the bull from the press release, Codemasters now has ATI Evergreen hardware and a fleet of engineers ready to help them out during this conversion.

This is a first major DirectX 11 win for AMD, and we have no doubt that there are plenty more to come yet. The person that led the The Way It's Meant To Be Played team recently switched positions, and if there was any chance that AMD's gaming program steps on nVidia's currently superior gaming development support program, the time is now.
http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news...d-f1-2010.aspx

so no...

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabkicks View Post
wonder if the physics will be garbage.
Probably. Unless Codies has some new physics engine they've been cooking up the game is going to be a joke no matter how pretty it looks. The Formula car in GRID handled like trash.

Of course, I wouldn't get my hopes too high. This is going to be a console game, made so the masses can drive with a controller so I doubt they'll go for realism.

·
I'm gonna need a sweeper
7,568 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5entinel View Post
http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news...d-f1-2010.aspx

so no...
What did any of that have to do with the car physics?

I'm sure it'll look good, run well and have all the good features of DiRT2, but poor physics. As long as they market it as 100% arcade I don't have a problem with that.

·
Senior Overclocker
4,998 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusion Racing
View Post

What did any of that have to do with the car physics?

I'm sure it'll look good, run well and have all the good features of DiRT2, but poor physics. As long as they market it as 100% arcade I don't have a problem with that.

maybe he confused it with physx

·
Premium Member
18,591 Posts
Yea, I kinda hope they don't do realism. I want some arcade racing fun

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
I'd love a new F1 game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljason8eg
View Post

The Formula car in GRID handled like trash.

I LOVED THAT CAR!

Any race I finished with four wheels still attached to the car was a good race. SO much fun. I don't care if it's unrealistic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts