Hey idk if this is the right spot but i have an OC Question
Mh system info is of course below
whats my best FSB
RAM ratio- i wanna know what i should oc
tysm

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Really it is going to depend on your specific system setup and what the limits of your ram are, as well as the highest your mobo's bus clock can go.

Ram dividers are all just part of the fun of over clocking

You are going to need to play around with them to find which divider your system likes the best.

However, with "worse than stock" cpu cooling I don't think you have much headroom to OC with.

Good luck and I hope we can help you in your endeavors. I suggest picking up a decent cpu cooler first though!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha Thank you! I plan on getting better cooling soon, saving up for water cooling. But could you suggest a divider range?
Sorry and thanks if you can provide any help

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Well the divider's are already set, it is a matter of changing their profiles.

What does the SPD page show for your ram? I can't tell you much unless I know a little more.

Say for instance, you have ddr2 1066 ram. With a bus clock of 200, you would need a divider of 3:8 to achieve the 533mhz needed to have Double Data Rate 2 1066 ram. 200/3*8=533*2=1066

Now lets say theoretically your ram is not stable past 1077 (a 5.5mhz jump).
If you push past 202 on the bus clock, your ram now is unstable and will cause your system to crash even if your cpu and bus clock can handle those speeds.

What you would need to do then is lower the ratio. Say you have a 1:2 divider.
If you bump down to the 1:2 divider, you now have 202/1*2=404*2=808. So you have ram running at 404mhz now, or ddr2 808.

Now you can keep pushing the cpu/bus further in theory.

This was all just an example, I haven't had any personal experience with 64 x2's, your mobo, or your ram.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts