Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Apparently Panasonic has been working itself into a frenzy over a new handheld video game console designed solely around the concept of taking MMORPGs with you everywhere you go â€" like you weren’t already wasting too much of your life. The makers of the ill-fated 3DO are returning to the gaming world with a portable system dubbed “The Jungle.†The clamshell device will allegedly sport a super high-resolution display, features a full QWERTY keyboard along with what looks like a touch sensitive d-pad and button arrangement, and may run atop a custom Linux build. The Jungle will also apparently sport a mini HDMI port, a micro USB port, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. Alongside the system itself, Panasonic will launch a Battlestar Galactica title for the device, and a web show called Online Underground.
We’re digging up more details right now, but the company (actually an offshoot of Panasonic called Panasonic Cloud Entertainment) has already set up shop with a site and a few teaser videos. Check out the mysterious new handheld in one more pic and a video after the break (along a look at the Battlestar Galactica title), and stay tuned as we unearth the full story on the Jungle.
Video in Source

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I like the name.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Meh, I see this bombing so bad. I'll wait for the 3DS.

·
Banned
4,222 Posts
"Panasonic has been working itself into a frenzy over a new handheld video game console designed solely around the concept of taking MMORPGs with you everywhere you go"

It's just for this...
Even then, it would look like a nice portable web browsing device.

·
Dream with your eyes open
3,842 Posts
I am going to try n buy one haha

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Very interesting, Really want to know the specs, I have a feeling its aimed for facebook users -_-

If the specs are good and able to play 9/10 of GOG's library then i may consider buying one

May flop though like PSPgo

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximum PC

ith the 3DO debacle buried under tons of "time sand," Panasonic is gearing up to invade the handheld gaming space on the back of an upcoming portable device focused entirely on online gaming and MMORPGs. The Jungle, as the device is called, reportedly runs a Linux OS, and according to Fudzilla, features a Tegra chip.

Maximum PC

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fudzilla

The console supports online gaming and Battlestar Galactica is coming for this console. We don't have the launch schedule but it packs Tegra, again we don't know which version, but it's an Nvidia chip that powers this thing.

Fudzilla

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizmodo

Also unconfirmed, we hear that Jungle runs a Linux OS. Which could make content tricky, since it means games will have to be ported over-you won't be able to just load up World of Warcraft and be on your way, goldfarming while you're in line at Starbucks, since WoW doesn't run on Linux. It's gonna require partnerships and ports, to say the least, and this thing is going to live and die on the content it's got. Or, it's gotta run games in a browser.

Gizmodo

I was searching for Llano news when I stumbled across these reports...
apparently it runs linux

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marin
View Post

1. Panasonic strikes deal with Blizzard
2. WoW released for Jungle
3. ???
4. Apocalypse!!!

Never gonna happen. If your device's headlining title is Battlestar Galactica Online, chances are WoW wasn't an option

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
with custom Linux build i see it getting the s**t hacked out of it and used for other things like the Zipit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.