Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The FSB in the BIOS states its 200. If I rasied this on my PC (P4 3.2 Prescott LGA775, 800FSB) to 205 or 210 what speeds would it run at. Also if I raised it to that level would I need to up any voltage on it?

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg

The FSB in the BIOS states its 200. If I rasied this on my PC (P4 3.2 Prescott LGA775, 800FSB) to 205 or 210 what speeds would it run at. Also if I raised it to that level would I need to up any voltage on it?

210x16 = 3360
and for those little increases no voltage necessary

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

210fsb x 16 = 3360mhz

You probably wouldnt need a vcore increase for that, but if you do, you'd only need to take it up a single notch.

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

210x16 = 3360
and for those little increases no voltage necessary

Ah thats helpful so that would make it like a 3.4GHZ. If I increased it to that how much hotter would the computer become? (~46C load average, max load detected was 56C on a very hot day)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Quote:

When I raised my for my OC I did it about 2 at a time checked the increase for my CPU in the system icon and then went a little higher. Look through the forums see what people have gotten their CPU up to and then try and get yours that high, but do it slowly. Run Prime 95 torture test when you think you have gotten it high enough and see if its stable. Also check your temp increase. When I increased my FSB in my BIOS it went up fairly fast but I was careful not to make a large jump. Read a lot and see what you think it can handle. I didnt have to touch my Vcore, or anything but we do have different systems. You will be able to tell if your system cant handle the OC. If you get problems post em and youll get answers.

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be getting 1.5GB DDR2 533MHZ RAM in August with a new cooling system (tower 112 and 2 tornado fans). I hope that will get me to 4GHZ when I get them. To get it to 4GHZ would I have to do something like 250x16

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Ah thats helpful so that would make it like a 3.4GHZ. If I increased it to that how much hotter would the computer become? (~46C load average, max load detected was 56C on a very hot day)

hard to say but you should expect a little more temp maybe hit 58-60°c
and thats a little hot by my standards but shouldnt hurt your CPU.
may become unstable and crash a bit more though

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

I will be getting 1.5GB DDR2 533MHZ RAM in August with a new cooling system (tower 112 and 2 tornado fans). I hope that will get me to 4GHZ when I get them. To get it to 4GHZ would I have to do something like 250x16

if you want to get some nice memory bandwidth get the bios update for your board and this should allow you to run at a 14 multi and that would give your memory a big boost.

but you would need some pc4600 or faster to use that bandwidth

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

if you want to get some nice memory bandwidth get the bios update for your board and this should allow you to run at a 14 multi and that would give your memory a big boost.

but you would need some pc4600 or faster to use that bandwidth

...and also a processor that has that enabled....not all of them do.

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATVkid*AFZ*

yep, you can get a big boost from a bios update, as well as sometimes a more accurate temp reading...

I have recently upgraded my BIOS to 1006 (the latest)

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
good. you want to keep it up to the latest one, because that one's the most accurate, and lets you have the most options as well...
Quote:

I have recently upgraded my BIOS to 1006 (the latest)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts