Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys its time to make this. Coming in the next couple of weeks is a new build by me. You all remember my 800D and that thread is in my sig rig but this is the new build...

I'll be getting new parts in the next couple of days and I should start sometime this weekend if not the next.

Get ready to subscribe
smile.gif

Current status:
DSC_0011.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,898 Posts
I loved the 800D build. A lot of the ideas for my current 700D build came from that worklog. Can't wait til this one starts rolling.
Sub'd
smile.gif

·
Registered
177 Posts
Looking forward to your build.
In your 800D build, i see before and after pics, in which initially you used air cooling, and then converted it to Water Cooling... is that correct??
I was planning to initially build an Air Cooling rig using Thermalright Silver Arrow Air cooler, and then after a couple of months convert it to a water cooling rig.... if that works.
Wanted to know if it is possible. Is it ok to remove the air cooling heat sink from the cpu and install the water cooling cpu block?? What abt the previous thermal paste residue??

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyindian;12491789
Looking forward to your build.
In your 800D build, i see before and after pics, in which initially you used air cooling, and then converted it to Water Cooling... is that correct??
I was planning to initially build an Air Cooling rig using Thermalright Silver Arrow Air cooler, and then after a couple of months convert it to a water cooling rig.... if that works.
Wanted to know if it is possible. Is it ok to remove the air cooling heat sink from the cpu and install the water cooling cpu block?? What abt the previous thermal paste residue??
I originally bought an antec 1200, and had the air cooling on that.

Oh, if you are planning on going water cooling after, I recommend just going water cooling from the start. Youll have to remove the motherboard to install the support bracket for the CPU block.

As for the thermal paste, it whipes off easily and you replace it with new paste before you put the new water block on.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fshizl;12491905
I originally bought an antec 1200, and had the air cooling on that.

Oh, if you are planning on going water cooling after, I recommend just going water cooling from the start. Youll have to remove the motherboard to install the support bracket for the CPU block.

As for the thermal paste, it whipes off easily and you replace it with new paste before you put the new water block on.
I will be using the CaseLabs TX10 for the case, which comes with a removable motherboard tray. Not sure if this can help in removing the support bracket for CPU block.
However, i am very new to watercooling, have been working on an air cooling desktop for decades, but wanted to venture into watercooling for the first time. Hence am researching around.. on various components for wc'ing, the do's and the dont's.
I am not very confident enough to build my own WC'ing rig right now.. hence was thinking to give it some more time before i am ready to convert it. Almost all of my components are at hand except for the CPU, currently waiting for the new sandy bridge processor. Till the time researching around.. I am also open to pay to anyone who can help me build a fantastic looking water cooling rig. I am based in chicago.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Awesome looking case, definitely my next case purchase. How many rads are you putting in there? Look's like 2 360's on the psu side and maybe 1 top 360 on the component side, can't tell. Subbed!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by shnur
View Post

I must say, that case is very nice! Looks very sleek and able to fit a lot at the same time...

Yeah a bunch of stuff! hahaha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzen
View Post

Awesome looking case, definitely my next case purchase. How many rads are you putting in there? Look's like 2 360's on the psu side and maybe 1 top 360 on the component side, can't tell. Subbed!

You are correct, 3 360's one ontop of the motherboard the other 2 on power supply side...

Next picture, the fittings!

1 - 20 of 222 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.