Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
The February console sales numbers from the NPD Group are out for the U.S. and surprisingly, it proclaims the Xbox 360 the leader in February sales with 422,000 consoles sold, which beats the Wii in second place with only 397,900 sold. The PlayStation 3 finished in third with only 360,100 consoles sold. The news is good for Microsoft, as recently some analysts have claimed that the Xbox 360 sales had stalled and the PlayStation 3 was gaining momentum that would carry it to an eventual victory over both the Xbox 360 and Wii.
Xbox - 422 000
Wii - 397 900
PS3 - 360 100

Read
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,037 Posts
Surprise, everyone already has a Wii.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,632 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDeodorant View Post
Surprise, everyone already has a Wii.
Surprise Wii is only hype and a dust collector!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Well I guess its time for Wii's to start dying off so people have to buy a 2nd one, or maybe Nintendo should start banning them? That should get numbers up.

The race is close, with many great exclusives coming up for Ps3 and Xbox, should be interesting who takes the lead.
Also, we need some worldwide numbers. The United States isn't the only gaming country yanno.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,037 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eduardv View Post
Surprise Wii is only hype and a dust collector!

Actually, I enjoy mine. I just think that the console which has dramatically outsold everything else eventually has to begin to decline. You can't maintain a rate of sale that high forever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,632 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDeodorant View Post
Actually, I enjoy mine. I just think that the console which has dramatically outsold everything else eventually has to begin to decline. You can't maintain a rate of sale that high forever.
true man
but i know like a dozen people who bought it and in 3 months the Wiiis are in the closet boxed again.

Xbox 360 is more a complete console,and the sales will go up more steadily an for a longer time,so it's more of a long time layer than a short one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,315 Posts
Now if only the 360 offered Mario... then I may want one... as it stands the only console games I like are Mario based ones...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,737 Posts
No surprise. Must be all those people getting new 360's after their first one RROD'd

Zing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,330 Posts
My family tried buying a wii last week, and it was sold out everywhere. Guy at bestbuy said nintendo's plastic distributor had some screw up and that caused a shortage. I have a strong feeling this has a lot to do with those sale numbers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,381 Posts
What I don't get is how many people buy consoles every month. Sure, there are a lot of people, but that's 1.2 million consoles in a month. If the last three months sold similar quantities, that's around nearing 5 million games consoles in a single quarter.

I can't seem to get around how the quantity of consoles sold can remain that high.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,415 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by [Adz]
View Post

What I don't get is how many people buy consoles every month. Sure, there are a lot of people, but that's 1.2 million consoles in a month. If the last three months sold similar quantities, that's around nearing 5 million games consoles in a single quarter.

I can't seem to get around how the quantity of consoles sold can remain that high.

There are hundreds of million ppl in the US, and some buy more than 1 consoles so that's not a big number imo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,163 Posts
Isn't it obvious? People's older 360's got the RRoD and their warranties were expired.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,944 Posts
Eh, I still want a Wii...be nice to play my classmate in Brawl now that he moved away, and I didn't get to play the Metroid or Mario Galaxy that debuted with the system, and now they're both getting sequels, so that's 5 games...and party games are always fun on the system, so there's that too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
The funny thing is, Nintendo is the only one of the 3 companies that has MASSIVE cash reserves right now from gaming. (Yes Microsoft has more money than God, but they are on orders NOT to take anymore losses from their gaming division) It is widely believed that because of this, Nintendo is in perfect position to leapfrog everyone else and come out with new a HD console way before the other companies can even think about it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,529 Posts
i'm sure MS banning consoles is helping their sales... not to mention RRoD after warranty expires...

i always see 360's for sale, and never see Wii's on the shelf more than a day...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,004 Posts
I hate the wii. My girlfriend has it, and all we play on it is mirad of carnival games, monkey ball mini games, wii resorts (more mini games), and yes mario
.

It has gotten to the point where I refuse to play. If I have to do the "trunk motion" one more time to a "lit fuse timer" I swear I will explode.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,667 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Supacasey
View Post

Isn't it obvious? People's older 360's got the RRoD and their warranties were expired.

makes no sense whats so ever,if your console rrod after warranty is it covered for free now

plus it was only 150 back in the days to get it repaired

anyway wii is done,all they had was that controller seeing as sony and microsoft have there motion sensor coming to there console whats the point of the wii now?there major gimmick was that controller.

o well fun while it lasted nintendo

psh i should sell my wii just doing nothing now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,840 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Rud3Bwoy
View Post

makes no sense whats so ever,if your console rrod after warranty is it covered for free now

plus it was only 150 back in the days to get it repaired

anyway wii is done,all they had was that controller seeing as sony and microsoft have there motion sensor coming to there console whats the point of the wii now?there major gimmick was that controller.

o well fun while it lasted nintendo

psh i should sell my wii just doing nothing now

Wii still appeals to families. I doubt that's going to change, it will continue to sell strongly.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,667 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MintMouse View Post
Wii still appeals to families. I doubt that's going to change, it will continue to sell strongly.
lack of AA titles

there gimmick is basically dead seeing

pretty sure it will sell but not as strong as before.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top