Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
One of two major US-based Nvidia partners has shut down its operations in Europe. It’s BFG that has closed its doors and we heard that some chaps who used to run BFG Europe have moved to Dutch-based Point of View.
Point of View is surely but slowly picking up the market and BGF's part of the market was mainly UK and Ireland, while Point of View has big presence in countries such as France and Spain, and in Scandinavia and Benelux. We are sure that they will want to expand to some other territories, as Point of View wants a piece of the cake in the UK and Ireland.

Nvidia is definitely reducing the number of partners in Europe.
http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/18182/1/

The article is so small I'll just post the whole thing here.

How did BFG go down, they were going in my next build. I say blame nVidia since they had no GTX 2xx to sell and no GTX 4xx to sell either.

Also what the hell are fud on about when they say nVidia is reducing the number of partners in Europe! They imply that nVidia are shutting them down

Shame since BFG were one of the best, Point of View should be ones to watch out for though I guess.

·
Registered
625 Posts
A shame as BFG offer one of the better warranties.
Not sure what other big brand graphics vendors even have warranty centres in europe.

·
Premium Member
5,986 Posts
This is very unfortunate. BFG offered by far the best warranties for European customers.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimeracaust
View Post

Does this mean all Europeans lifetime BFG warranties are null?

You'll likely be able to send your bricks to BFG USA. It'll just cost you more for shipping and take longer to get your parts back.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Point of View kind of sucks... I had two 8800GTs from them. They're good, but do not compare to BFG or EVGA.

Anyway, pretty much depends on what exact parts your card mounts...

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik
View Post

hope thier warehouse dont close...I am going to be sending my card back to BFG for RMA soon and will cost too much to send it to the US.

Why don't you send it back now? If it's broken, you might as well do it sooner rather than later.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by USFORCES
View Post

BFG needs to expand a little more like EVGA did with the motherboards, They had a couple boards and stopped with the 680i.

EVGA spent the money and bought up the entire EPoX motherboard team when they when out of business. EVGA hit the ground running with a working engineering team. They also bought on board a few top-tier overclockers for design and testing (shamino, kIngpIn, CptPlanet).

While the 680i was mainly a NVIDIA reference board, you can see EVGA has spent the pain/time to get experience and develop custom designs.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Norman Bum
View Post

How is eVGA in Europe?

Their European office is in Munich, I have rma'd a few things with them and spoken to a few of them on the phone. They are nice guys. That said they are lazier than the US guys often if I have wanted to find something out it has been quicker to get on msn(i know a bunch of the us team) then it has to contact Germany.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Starbuck5000
View Post

Their European office is in Munich, I have rma'd a few things with them and spoken to a few of them on the phone. They are nice guys. That said they are lazier than the US guys often if I have wanted to find something out it has been quicker to get on msn(i know a bunch of the us team) then it has to contact Germany.

LOL... sounds about right....

Why doesn't someone in Europe just call BFG and ask? They might be able to tell you.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts