Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

Cebit 2009: 12+2 phase power design

This morning, Biostar released a new and improved X58 motherboard in its high-end TPower series. The new board, dubbed TPower X58A, offers a 12+2-phase power design and Japanese PS all solid capacitors.

The board is also equipped with enhanced digital debug LEDs and quick switches for much more simplistic extreme overclocking. Whether CPU load is idle or at a maximum, the board is capable of turning off extra phase circuits to cut down on energy and optimize power efficiency. The company also claims, through internal testing, that energy can be conserved up to 80% more than "traditional" motherboards.

In retrospect, the 12-phase VRM design with Japanese PS solid capacitors and low RDS (on) MOSFETs seems to be the main contributor of stable power and a significant selling point.

Additional features of the board include three PCI-E 2.0 x16 slots at x16/x16/x4 bandwidth for dual-GPU SLI and CrossFire, one PCI-E 2.0 x1 slot, two PCI slots, eight USB ports, and six memory slots for up to 24GB of DDR3 2000MHz (OC).

Pricing and availability information have not been released yet, but with the current TPower X58 averaging $270 in the US market, we can expect a slightly higher price premium as a rough estimate.

source

·
Registered
816 Posts
i bet it's good for a budget computer, but who'd make a budget core i7 build right now? it's so expensive!
but, it is fugly i'll give u that

·
Premium Member
4,258 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xobile133769
View Post

i bet it's good for a budget computer, but who'd make a budget core i7 build right now? it's so expensive!

Dell sells pre-made computers in Canada for $1099 with an i7 920 in them.

EDIT: $999

·
Banned
13,823 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xobile133769
View Post

you do know the Tpower boards are known for breaking FSB records right.

·
Banned
11,112 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by G|F.E.A.D|Killa
View Post

you do know the Tpower boards are known for breaking FSB records right.

except the i7's don't have an FSB

i think it looks GREAT except for the white DIMM slots... but wth is that molex doing next to the primary pci e x16 slot?? board needs moar power or wut?

·
Registered
870 Posts
I don't know what the molex is used for here, but on old 939 Crossfire boards with the CrossFire Xpress 3200 chipset you needed a molex to be plugged in to enable Crossfire.

·
Banned
7,501 Posts
Well, at least it's better-looking than my 790GX Biostar - with neon lime-green/yellow PCI-E slots. Makes me thirsty for a Sprite and vodka.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murderous Moppet View Post
I don't know what the molex is used for here, but on old 939 Crossfire boards with the CrossFire Xpress 3200 chipset you needed a molex to be plugged in to enable Crossfire.
Mine has that molex (above the PCI-E), it's just an output for a molex-to-PCIE adapter (for a gpu) if your psu doesn't have one, or you've used them up. It's not actually mandatory though for CF to work. I'm using mine for all my molex-to-4-pin fan adapters since I've used up all the ones on the mobo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts