Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Exclusive: Sources tell us that this is the case in some areas

We have been following a rumor that we have been hearing from a couple of our sources that suggests Microsoft may be ending the sale of the Xbox 360 Elite in many parts of the world, with the Elite moving into a more limited edition role in the Xbox 360 console line up.

The story that we are hearing goes something like this… Microsoft will stop taking orders for the Xbox 360 Elite at some point during the second quarter and allow inventory of the Elite consoles to start to run down. The majority of retailers would prefer just a low-end and a high-end console, so this change will be made during the second quarter, which is the fourth fiscal quarter for Microsoft.
Source

Wow, if this is true, all I have to say is: That was short lived.

·
Premium Member
9,786 Posts
All I can say is: That is ******ed.

If you are going to make something Ltd Ed. You don't release the product first
Especially for such a long period of time. The market is already saturated with them.

The only thing this will achieve is lower sales for M$ and higher selling price for a consumer. There is no reason what so ever to do this, especially now that plenty of people already have an Elite.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I think it makes sense. $400 for an elite? Is that a joke? A PS3 costs that much and comes with Blu-Ray and does not require an additional wireless adapter. 120GB? It's a gaming console, not a home theater.

I own a 360 and love it so don't get on my ass.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by justarealguy
View Post

That kinda blows. I'm getting a 360 (if my roomate doesn't have one, I'm buying one) and I want it to be black and a jasper.

Damn you MS, that is, if FUD is true.

Sorry to bust ya bubble but my sisters boyfriend, his jasper mobo'd Elite
got RROD after we played madden all night last week, they need to extend the warrenty for RROD again

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by justarealguy
View Post

That kinda blows. I'm getting a 360 (if my roomate doesn't have one, I'm buying one) and I want it to be black and a jasper.

Damn you MS, that is, if FUD is true.

I thought the Elite was Falcon - not jasper?

I know the new Resident Evil 5 elites will be Jasper..but Im sure the old ones are falcons?

I could be wrong? I dunno xD

·
Premium Member
11,334 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAND0M1ZER
View Post

the early elites were falcoln, now all xbox consoles are jasper

WRONG. Elites are still falcons. All the Arcade consoles are Jaspers.

source: http://www.overclock.net/xbox/446845...formation.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaNgY
View Post

Sorry to bust ya bubble but my sisters boyfriend, his jasper mobo'd Elite
got RROD after we played madden all night last week, they need to extend the warrenty for RROD again

It wasn't a Jasper mobo. You're wrong like randomizer^. The Elites are NOT Jaspers. Thus, it's uncommon, but still possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirgan
View Post

I thought the Elite was Falcon - not jasper?

I know the new Resident Evil 5 elites will be Jasper..but Im sure the old ones are falcons?

I could be wrong? I dunno xD

You're correct.

Again, my source:
http://www.overclock.net/xbox/446845...formation.html

·
Banned
1,479 Posts
Why is this so bad? Who buys an Elite anyways i mean for 400$ and all you get is a different colour and a 120 gig hdd?

·
Premium Member
3,910 Posts
As of today, 3/6/09, the only Jasper consoles are the Arcades. Elites, and Pros are Falcons. Now the RE5 Elite will be Jasper, and I'm sure by then the Pro's will be Jasper as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well...time to invest lol. Best buy here i come, they got 10 selling at the moment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts