·
Banned
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
source
http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/16747/69/

Quote:

$119.99, not designed for the overclocker

Over the past few months, many Intel motherboard vendors have been curiously observing market demand for the new mainstream chipset platform set to replace the aging legacy of socket LGA 775. When it launched in September 2009, the Intel P55 platform based on socket LGA 1156 was released prior to the introduction of Core i5 and Core i7 compatible processors, allowing partners some additional time to release their P55-based designs in time for the launch of these CPUs.

looks like a good board if you don't overclock. Yes, another P55 board thread, but this one looks good for it's pricetag.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Why does that board look so barren?....Seems like it is missing some phases and something for the I/O

Still an amazing price for a P55 board. Add a I5 750 from microcenter for $150 and you are golden

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sno
View Post

Why does that board look so barren?....Seems like it is missing some phases and something for the I/O

It doesn't have massive heatsinks for the P55 or VRM as well.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xToaDx
View Post

Reminds me a lot of the 650i, in regard to how barren it is.

oh gawd...my eyes!!

·
Iconoclast
30,430 Posts
Since there are 100-120 dollar P55 boards that will OC fairly well, this board doesn't really standout.

·
Registered
449 Posts
can't believe it's from EVGA, EVGA mobos have always made my eyes happy
except this one

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Guys if you think this looks bare wait until they start putting more stuff on the chip. Remember there is no north bridge on 1156 so that frees up some room.

·
Premium Member
7,017 Posts
Ewww. Electrolytic capacitors I haven't seen those used other than extremely low end boards, in a while.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by aksthem1
View Post

Ewww. Electrolytic capacitors I haven't seen those used other than extremely low end boards, in a while.

Most boards are covered with them afaik except for the power delivery system. The only board's I know are server grade boards and this

Even this board

Is covered with them at it is $500

·
Banned
5,782 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dham
View Post

Most boards are covered with them afaik except for the power delivery system. The only board's I know are server grade boards and this

Even this board

Is covered with them at it is $500

You should research "electrolytic capacitors". Hint: the P55-V has them, and the boards you linked don't.

·
Premium Member
7,017 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dham
View Post

What are you talking about? Most boards are covered in them except for the power delivery system. The only board's I know are server grade boards and this

Well I meant to say the traditional electrolytic capacitors, most boards nowadays use solid polymer capacitors. Usually they don't have any electrolyte fluid.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Well I meant to say the traditional electrolytic capacitors, most boards nowadays use solid polymer capacitors. Usually they don't have any electrolyte fluid.

You've been looking at too many enthusist boards. Most board still use electrolyte fluid capacitors. (i.e. OEMs, entry/mid-range mobos)

·
Registered
746 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Yeah i am sure everyone could have assumed he meant liquid caps when he said electrolytic. I love how people are so quick to say you must not know what you are talking about

1 - 20 of 66 Posts