Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
It looks like Nvidia has pulled yet another delay out of its sleeve, and this time we are talking about the availability date that has been pushed from original 6th of April to week of April 12th.

We aren't sure if this delay is limited to certain markets, like Europe, or it will be a worldwide delay but we do know that it has nothing to do with the launch date of Fermi as this one is only Nvidia's estimate on when will partners be able to get the product on e-tail/retail shelves.

Nvidia recently changed bios and the cooler and this might be one of the reason for additional week delay.

The date is week of April 12th as it also depends on how fast will partners be to ship the actual product to retail/e-tail as well, and some cards might show sooner. Of course, Nvidia's estimate is based on when it will ship a full batch to its Fermi cards to partners.
Read

·
Super Moderator
19,302 Posts
Nice to see it's not Fuad who wrote it, but that doesn't make it any more credible. Need an external source to confirm.

·
HEC Club
13,593 Posts
LOL... Fermi is beginning to look like Duke Nukem Forever...

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp View Post
Nice to see it's not Fuad who wrote it, but that doesn't make it any more credible. Need an external source to confirm.
Sorry, thought it is a credible source...

I still hope though there will be some availability earlier, desperately want to get 2x480s as soon as possible for Metro 2033 in 3D

·
Premium Member
11,125 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post
Haha

I have a feeling Fermi will be a dissapointment when it arrives. If it ever does.

·
Super Moderator
19,302 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by luke997 View Post
Sorry, thought it is a credible source...

It's not that the source itself isn't credible, it's that the articles usually don't have proof of pre-release info. Though I guess for some that's the very definition of not being credible...

Quote:

I still hope though there will be some availability earlier
I dunno. I'm secretly pining for wide availability to fall on the second week (or even the third week) of April so I can just ask for money for my birthday (11th) and buy the card myself...
But that's not really fair to anyone else.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

I'm secretly pining for wide availability to fall on the second week (or even the third week) of April so I can just ask for money for my birthday (11th) and buy the card myself...
But that's not really fair to anyone else.
So I guess it's a good news (gossip(?)) for you after all

·
Super Moderator
19,302 Posts
Quote:

So I guess it's a good news (gossip(?)) for you after all

If it's true, then yes, I suppose it is. But again, that's not really fair to anyone else.
I might not even get enough to afford one of the cards, anyway, now that I think about it.

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
if this is true, can they afford to keep delaying like this?

i hope for their sake that it isn't another delay

·
Registered
55 Posts
Rant mode on:
Well, if this is true, I can only see 2 reasons for this:
1. poor performance card and/or huge production issues
2. poor management

yes, I know, this is not new, but I`m fed up.
For the sake of competition, I do hope this is not true.

un unhappy mighty customer

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post
Damnit nvidia must get there act together if I am ever going to get a reasonably prices 5870! GET YER SELF IN GEAR NVIDIA, I'll drive over to Santa Clara if I have to and stand in their lobby demanding fermi launch NOW!

·
Banned
1,915 Posts
Quote:

It's called ignorance.

·
Super Moderator
19,302 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DjiXas View Post
It's called ignorance.
You'll have to elaborate, I can't really tell if you're referring to the article.

·
Premium Member
10,928 Posts
lol at everyone trusting fud, They made a delay claim like just last week with no proof, and now, surprise another... *le gasp*

fud = Fear of Uncertainty and Doubt, it is not a credible source like 90% of the time, it's just the ever churning sound of the rumors in the wind...

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimeracaust View Post
Damnit nvidia must get there act together if I am ever going to get a reasonably prices 5870! GET YER SELF IN GEAR NVIDIA, I'll drive over to Santa Clara if I have to and stand in their lobby demanding fermi launch NOW!
This is sorta hilarious

Once upon a time at the NVidia head office check-in desk:

- "Sir! I demand a Fermi launch NOW!"
- "Well sir, unfortunately we can not do that right now. But to show our appreciation for your anxiety for our new products, we will have this promotional flyer and this authentic NVidia mouse mat!"
- "I don't want a Fermi. I just want to get a cheaper Radeon!"
- "GIVE BACK THAT MAT NAOW!".

·
Banned
1,417 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicBox View Post
This is sorta hilarious

Once upon a time at the NVidia head office check-in desk:

- "Sir! I demand a Fermi launch NOW!"
- "Well sir, unfortunately we can not do that right now. But to show our appreciation for your anxiety for our new products, we will have this promotional flyer and this authentic NVidia mouse mat!"
- "I don't want a Fermi. I just want to get a cheaper Radeon!"
- "GIVE BACK THAT MAT NAOW!".

It's my money and i need it NOW

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathclaw View Post
i don't know what annoys me the most, fermi not coming allready or all the people postin' all the fake benches,rumors and speculations...
this is all done by ati people to make people hate nvidia
and they're doing a damn well job!

Relax, it is just a news (or at least kind of).
And I would respectfully disagree:

1) I'm not an Ati man nor do I hate nvidia
I'll stick with nvidia because of the 3D & CUDA but then again I have nothing against ATI, everyone chooses whatever brand think is best for him/her.
2) Previous 6th April delay turned out to be true and it might be useful for some to know, hence posting such information.

No point starting another ati/nvidia/people/hate discussion, better contribute or at least crack a joke

1 - 20 of 62 Posts