Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oedipus View Post

That's the best he can do? "Be patient?"
The real answer: They couldn't source enough screws to slap together a sample.
My guess: They're in the same stage with it as fermi back when they showcased a wooden version of fermi back then so they don't want to make the same blunder
tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
That means.... summer/fall launch then?

·
MegaTechPC
19,215 Posts
And history repeats itself. No matter, Fermi ended up vindicating itself eventually. I expect big things from Kepler (as does AMD apparently ).

·
PC Evangelist
47,498 Posts
Those that need the performance now there is nothing wrong with getting HD 7970. Its value will drop only from HD 8970 and not Kepler so much. Basically if you thrive for more performance dont play the waiting game.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I don't really need more than a 570, but I want to water cool and don't really want to buy a block now, then have to buy another when the 760 or 770 come out lol.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I just want to remind everyone that DICE said the same thing about Battlefield 3. Be patient and have a little faith. Look how terrible the game turned out to be. I'm not saying that the card will follow the same path, but its hard to be confident when that is the only thing they have to say.

·
Banned
307 Posts
This is ominously similar to what happened when both companies switch to 40nm. I doubt nvidia will let the same thing happen again though

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oedipus View Post

The real answer: They couldn't source enough screws to slap together a sample.
Yeah, I hear there is a shortage of wood screws right now...

EDIT: I'm not even the first person to say wood screws, sad.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Would have kinda liked to be there for the photo so I could have given a grumpy scrunched up face.

The blonde woman in the picture kinda seems like shes mentally saying are you ******* serious with her stare of disappointment.

I'd know I'd be after listening to some boring presentation about tablets, mobile stuff, car analogies and what Mr. late to game with my gpu's yet again says about what he did during the holidays.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts