Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Infinity Ward has sequel in development

It would appear that Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward is already working on a sequel for the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. The work-in-progress name title at the moment is COD: Modern Warfare 2.

The news that the sequel is already in development really comes as no surprise, as Activision had already announced back in September that the developer was already at work on the next Call of Duty title. What was not known at the time was whether the title they were working on was a sequel to the Modern Warfare.

The news that Infinity Ward and Activision want to release another COD title comes as really no shock to us. It is easily one of the best selling titles around and it has generated a lot of money. In the current economic climate, you have to go with what works and COD does have a massive fan base, which would likely buy the new version when released.

No estimated time table as to when we can expect the title to drop is known.
source

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
lol I think this news might as well have been by Cpt. Obvious.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Fud is a bit behind the times. The name Modern Warfare 2 was what MTV called it before it was "officially" announced. Though Activision later dismissed that and said that it wasn't true.

While FourZeroTwo had called it Modern Warfare 2 on Feb 4th confirming that it was going to be a sequel.

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,742 Posts
O my........

Can you not read? Is the news section invisible to you?

·
Z-80 > i9
17,244 Posts
CoD4 got boring after the story anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brutuz View Post
CoD4 got boring after the story anyway.
Well...duh, that's because the story ended at the end of the game.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
I reckon they're slapping a #2 on the title just to recuperate from World at War...due to this, i feel this game will fail, but we'll see...

Assuming the rumor is true, of course.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Does there have to be a new thread anytime a website mentions COD:MW2?

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach 5
View Post

Does there have to be a new thread anytime a website mentions COD:MW2?

Seriously, this was news 4-6 months ago....

Does it come to a surprise to anyone that Infinity Ward was working on a sequel to a highly successful game?

Here's another shocker, Treyarch is probably already working on COD:WaW2, or an equivalent COD game.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordikon View Post
Seriously, this was news 4-6 months ago....

Does it come to a surprise to anyone that Infinity Ward was working on a sequel to a highly successful game?

Here's another shocker, Treyarch is probably already working on COD:WaW2, or an equivalent COD game.
Highly sucessful yes. Highly unrealistic yes. COD4 along with World At War and overhyped pc games. Expect the same from Modern Warfare 2.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
jesus is Fud behind. This has been public since November/December

1 - 20 of 21 Posts