Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote:
AMD promises a dozen or so FreeSync monitors this quarter. Some might start shipping in the next two weeks, with 20 monitors coming through the rest of the year. It is important to mention that unlike Nvidia G-Sync monitors, FreeSync monitors come with HDMI, MHL, DVI and other similar connectors while the first generation of G-Sync comes exclusively with DisplayPort 1.2 and nothing else.
SOURCE

• Rep+
Reactions: keikei

·
PC Evangelist
47,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBlackFire View Post

does my video card support free sync?
Not Free Sync but it mught have Adaptive Sync hidden.

·
: ( ) { : | : & } ; :
3,558 Posts
It depends on what the real world is, Windows 8 world or just windows in general kind of world?

·
Debian Dude
2,186 Posts
Quote:

Not currently. nVidia has been reluctant to pursue Adaptive Sync support due to having invested in G-Sync.

·
waifu for lifu
11,596 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
According to the video it looks like the soon-to-be coming out monitors have free sync turn off after around 30 FPS, but other monitors could support free sync with fps as low as 9 fps. That's kind of scary that the free sync implementation is going to depend on the monitor manufacturer, and is going to add another factor into whether or not free sync is worth supporting on a specific monitor, or for you to go out of your way and buy that monitor. I would hope with almost all 4k monitors supporting free sync that they'd go down to those lower refresh rates.

·
Premium Member
9,327 Posts
Quote:

biggrin.gif

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoxile View Post

You don't know about Linus?
Good ole Lamus tech tips.

Edited to stay PG.

·
Pigeon Poop Enthusiast
4,288 Posts
Oh look, another article with nothing actually being tested. Yay!

·
Banned
12,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholeeo View Post

Oh look, another article with nothing actually being tested. Yay!
Pretty much this. I was hoping for real information, but this is just more of the same old junk from 3 weeks ago.

I wonder when reviewers will ACTUALLY get these monitors in hand and can actually do non-AMD-in-hand reviews and tests.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSomPa View Post

Why don't people like Linus? Great channel.
What the guy above said - his voice. I close my eyes, and he's so nasally I swear I'm listening to Waylon Smithers.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSomPa View Post

Why don't people like Linus? Great channel.
You shouldn't be leaving fingerprints all over someone else's monitors. I find him ruining what would be a nice video by doing stuff like this.

I remember one of his videos presenting a bunch of cards while he was continuously sliding his hand all over the bare PCBs and the backplates. I spent the whole video cringing.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
All I wanna know is if there's any difference in smoothness between A-sync and G-sync. Does A-sync really refresh perfectly in sync with FPS?

·
PC Evangelist
47,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamhollywood5 View Post

All I wanna know is if there's any difference in smoothness between A-sync and G-sync. Does A-sync really refresh perfectly in sync with FPS?
When they work they are the same. As of right now G-Sync is Free-Sync + some.

• Rep+
Reactions: Cyro999
1 - 20 of 185 Posts