Overclock.net banner

[Fudzilla] AMD To Have 6990 Dual Cards In February

6K views 51 replies 40 participants last post by  Brutuz 
#1 ·
Quote:

The way the component industry works is that you either launch your product in January or in case you are not ready by then, you have to push the launch back till after Chinese New Year.
The target to launch Radeon HD 6990 in the latter half of February, but don’t be surprised if it slips to early March.

Source

'Bout time AMD....but why wait so soon when 7000 series is right around the corner??? due sometime this year...

See less See more
#2 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phyxers
View Post

Source

'Bout time AMD....but why wait so soon when 7000 series is right around the corner???

Sounds nice.. I'm sure it will be very fast (and expensive) but how is 7000 series "right around the corner"?

#5 ·
Quote:

View Post

Source

'Bout time AMD....but why wait so soon when 7000 series is right around the corner???

7000 Series are coming Q4 2011...

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pursuinginsanity
View Post

Sounds nice.. I'm sure it will be very fast (and expensive) but how is 7000 series "right around the corner"?

AMD 7000 series cards are reportedly due out in Q2 2011

#10 ·
Quote:

View Post

Link?

#12 ·
Quote:

View Post

No...in Q3 2011, AMDs mobile 7970 will be out. THEN they will release the 7000 series (desktop) a couple of months later...

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo
View Post

Link?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrAlex
View Post

No...in Q3 2011, AMDs mobile 7970 will be out. THEN they will release the 7000 series (desktop) a couple of months later...

read it here

I know it's a rumor hence why I used the word "reportedly"

#14 ·
Quote:

View Post

read it here

...one random guy from the Internet?

#17 ·
Quote:

View Post

Source

amd's own roadmaps have the 7 series slated to come between the end of Q3 and the beginning of Q4 without any delays on the new 32nm chips.

I did read that the new 6990 is supposively fixed of micro stuttering. Quoted price by the owner of overclocking.uk was set to $499 usd. at that price i'm thinking it will be 2gb and not 4gb. which is very fine by me as long as it runs on a dual 6950 level or above.

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegetables
View Post

Holy crap the GPU world is moving faster than I can ever remember. The 8000 series should be here Q1 2012 lol.

was around a year between 5 and 6. expecting to see the same between 6 and 7. no way you will see from 7 to 8 in only like 4 or 5 months max.

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegetables
View Post

The 8000 series should be here Q1 2012 lol.

Link??? Noooo J/k, really anything this early means nothing, AMD could post a report that says they will be here Q3 2011 and the date will change over and over again until launch. Really nothing would surprise me.

#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by blkdoutgsxr
View Post

Link??? Noooo J/k, really anything this early means nothing, AMD could post a report that says they will be here Q3 2011 and the date will change over and over again until launch. Really nothing would surprise me.

Well if the 7000 series is anything like Bulldozer it should be arriving around Q3 2014 lol. I agree with you this is far too early to tell, but still it seems like new GPU families are being released sooner and sooner.

#21 ·
When AMD really announces 7XXX then I'll believe it - I do not ever stand by rumors.. so stop spreading rumors (there is no fact proof)

6990 will be better than any 7XXX card unless they bring another dual solution so period.

#24 ·
Quote:

View Post

read it here

Word you are looking for is purported, he hasn't reported anything as none of it is fact.

Looking to upgrade soon so hopefully AMD comes up with the goods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.