Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:




Dwarfed by a sandwich

Haifa based CompuLab says it has developed a 6-watt Atom based PC fully capable of running Ubuntu. As you can see, the contraption, dubbed Fit-PC2, is ridiculously minuscule, and rather than looking like a proper PC, it looks like something taken straight out of a Barbie house.

Packed in quite cramped quarters, much like Bernie Madoff, you'll find a Z-series Atom CPU at 1.1 or 1.6GHz, US15W chipset, 1GB of memory, microSD slot, gigabit Ethernet, WiFi, mini-DVI, IR receiver, and, believe it or not, a 2.5-inch HDD or SSD. The whole thing measures just 101 x 115 x 27 mm and weighs 370g.

The Fit-PC2 is scheduled to go on sale later this month, and prices start at $245 for the entry level version with a Z510 CPU, no hard drive and no OS. The top range SKU with a 1.6GHz Z530 CPU, a 160GB HDD and Windows XP costs $400.

You can find out more on the product page, here.

Source
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,588 Posts
Tiny but expensive.. With a usb tuner it could be an amazingly small HTPC..
 

·
QA Engineer
Joined
·
3,016 Posts
So its like the AMD Geode one
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,187 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Drackula2000
View Post

Tiny but expensive.. With a usb tuner it could be an amazingly small HTPC..

I doubt the IGP is up to it....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,272 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Redmist
View Post

I doubt the IGP is up to it....

IGPs are perfectly capable of video at 1080p24. (but their throughput is somewhere around 40 fps, so you can't watch 60 fps video in full screen)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,699 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Coma
View Post

IGPs are perfectly capable of video at 1080p24. (but their throughput is somewhere around 40 fps, so you can't watch 60 fps video in full screen)

they wouldn't bother putting that robust of an IGP for a pc like this.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,985 Posts
1.6ghz and 1GB of ram? not bad, not bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,507 Posts
I'd get this and make a file server out of it. That is awesome. Just have it stuck next to my router and hook it up via a web interface or vnc.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,272 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by darksideleader
View Post

they wouldn't bother putting that robust of an IGP for a pc like this.

All IGPs can do this. (I was talking about rendering, not decoding)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,807 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Weedvender
View Post

I'd get this and make a file server out of it. That is awesome. Just have it stuck next to my router and hook it up via a web interface or vnc.

Yea... I'm thinking of a mod where I can make another enclosure for it so that I can use a 2TB HD for way more space... I doubt there would be more than one SATA port though...
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top