Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

2.66GHz launch in Q2

The new Q8400 is nothing more than a Core 2 Quad Q9400 with a bit less cache. The Q8400 has 4MB of cache and a 2.66GHz core clock, while the Q9400 shares the same clock, but has 6MB of cache.

At launch you can expect Q8400 to sell for about €160 and it should launch in Q2 2009. The plan is that Q8400 and Q8300 clocked at 2.5GHz coexist, while in Q3, Q8400 should completely replace the Q8300.

The slowest and cheapest quad core remains Q8200 with a 2.33GHz core clock and a €145 suggested e-tail price.

Source

·
Just Lift Bro
3,234 Posts
I could of guessed this.

all E/X/Q 8xxx or that first number of model always has the same cache.

well core 2 duo/quad anyways.

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
I'd prefer it if Intel spent more time trying to reduce their ridiculous Core i7 prices than bringing out yet more C2Q chips!

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by intelfan View Post
Why is Intel still making so many similar chips? I mean, who is going to buy a Q8400 when you can buy something better?
the real question is.... who wants to buy a computer when you can play outside

·
Overclocking
9,250 Posts
OMG 4MB of memory. Does that mean we can store information in it. You know because it's MEMORY

Learn how to title things right Fud... Its cache

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
To the people making fun of Fud, here is the definition of cache:

Quote:

Small memories on or close to the CPU can be made faster than the much larger main memory. Most CPUs since the 1980s have used one or more caches, and modern microprocessors inside personal computers may have as many as half a dozen, each specialized to a different part of the task of executing programs.

Perhaps those comments are undeserved.

·
Overclocking
9,250 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by superk
View Post

To the people making fun of Fud, here is the definition of cache:

Perhaps those comments are undeserved.

Yeah but when you type 4MB you think storage. If you said Q8400 has 4MB L2 it would be more understandable

Why 4MB L2?. For Quad thats pretty small I think

1 - 14 of 14 Posts