Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ill be getting a new setup, hopefully today, with dual 6800gt's, and dual 19" TFT's, just wondering if its poss to have full screen apps spread over to both screens?? please help, many thanks!
andrew

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
It is possible but it might be hard to make them maximize over both. What you may have to do is Restore the windows down then stretch them across both monitors.

·
Some call me... Bifford
5,265 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_s_1

well ill be getting a new setup, hopefully today, with dual 6800gt's, and dual 19" TFT's, just wondering if its poss to have full screen apps spread over to both screens?? please help, many thanks!
andrew

I use a program called ultramon, it makes this quite easy. It isn't free but isn't that expensive.

UltraMon

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
The new drivers for nvidia's have a multiple monitor control panel.

I'm running two monitors at work currently, one vid card.

The control panel allows me to run mirrored, spanned, or dual (dual being one monitor as the desktop, and the other as an extended work area)

Spanned is the one where it splits the image across both monitors.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i really want to be able to play counter strike over both my screens!! anymore help
cheers for your replies!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i have installed the new drivers for my card, and in the control center it has a stretch desktop "ahhh" i thought to myself "cracked it" so i ran the game looking like this
then it slowly sank to this
not only had it engaged both monitors in the game
but they were both the same
so i had the same game on both sceens! whats happening? anymore suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
what it sounds like is that you have enabled clone or duel view with the 2 video cards and i do understand that you want to achieve a 16:9 widescreen. Ths is what i did with my video card have both of your monitors on the same video card and enable horsiontal view, with the 2 monitors, in the control menu for the cards and then go into a game that suports 16:9, hl2 for example, and go to advanced options and select 16:9 widescreen and then start playing in the horsiontal span of the 2 monitors.

Hope this help you out.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by systemaxd

what it sounds like is that you have enabled clone or duel view with the 2 video cards and i do understand that you want to achieve a 16:9 widescreen. Ths is what i did with my video card have both of your monitors on the same video card and enable horsiontal view, with the 2 monitors, in the control menu for the cards and then go into a game that suports 16:9, hl2 for example, and go to advanced options and select 16:9 widescreen and then start playing in the horsiontal span of the 2 monitors.

Hope this help you out.

right ok, i have enabled stretch mode, so my desktop is strectched over both monitors...
i load the game and both screens are the same...
i select 16:9...
and...
both screens go to 16:9

(i was writing this while doing it
)
can you explain some more?
thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,500 Posts
Well I don't know that much about SLI video cards and there process of one monitor on each card; but taking another shot at this i think that on the desktop the card's see one image, being the desktop, in the game they see there own game, one for each card, and that is why you are getting the same image on both monitors once you switch to the game.

And as i had said in my earlier post switch your monitors so they are both on the same card and the problem should be fixed; but i dont know if you will still have the max performance of both cards working together for the video out of just one of the cards?

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Is there a setting that is called Dualview? I would have thought horizontal span would have done the trick.

I am using dualview at work atm, and it shows to different workspaces...not familiar with gaming on it though..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts