Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my P183 but I have to give it up for another build for the living room. As a result, I am in the market for a new case. This time, I want a full tower case that has sufficient cooling for all of my folding cards, 460 and 2 x 9800GT. Might be swapping to some 475's down the road. The potential to do water cooling is a huge plus, as it is something I am looking to try in the future.

Requirements:
- Cable management
- Good airflow
- Easy to clean filters are a huge plus
- Allowance for water cooling down the road also a plus
- Don't care about window and LEDs, either way is fine as long as the cooling is good
- Doesn't require modding
- Doesn't cost more than 200 USD

Cases I have looked at based on input from friends and looking around on ocn:
ATCS 840
HAF 932/X
NZXT Phantom
Silverstone Raven

TL;DR - Need a sub $200 USD full tower case with zomg amazing cooling potential and possibility for wc.

Thanks as always!

·
Registered
385 Posts
The HAFx would probably fit your requirements. It has very good stock airflow, can fit a 360 rad in it with no modification but it's at the top of your budget around $200. I don't have one, but I've heard the cable management is very well done and easy to do. I think all the intakes on the HAFx have filters as well so I can't imagine they are too hard to clean.

·
MEGABYTE ME
2,765 Posts
IMO Look for something with 10 Expansion slots when goin big. I wouldn't settle for less than 10

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does having a top exhaust matter that much? I've always read that bottom mount psu and having top exhaust = awesome for temps. Some of those suggested cases have 2 rear exhausts instead of one rear // one top like more "traditional" fan setups.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Full Tower Cases
-Corsair 800D
-Corsair 700D
-Lian-Li PC-X1000
-Lian-Li TYR PC-X200
-Lian-Li PC-A77F
-Lian-Li ArmorSuit PC-P80
-CoolerMaster HAF X
-CoolerMaster HAF 932
-CoolerMaster Cosmos Pure
-CoolerMaster Cosmos 1000

·
48" Mousepad Extremist
1,014 Posts
Get the Silverstone RV02 and 1-2 of these if you aren't lucky enough to get them stock:
http://www.directron.com/ap181.html

You will get HAF X cooling, without the HAF X's hideousness in your house.

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In-win, ikonik, fenix are unavailable here.

Raven02 only has 3 drive bays but i need 4 so I guess that is out unless I can figure out how to hide the 4th one.

Right now it is down to HafX and the sub 200 lian li's I think. Was really hoping to be able to go with the raven over the HAF too *_*

Would it be feasible to add those AP's to other cases with 20CM fans like the HAFX?

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Velathawen View Post
Raven02 only has 3 drive bays but i need 4 so I guess that is out unless I can figure out how to hide the 4th one.
Just pick up a SilverStone CFP53B HDD cage.

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sigh, so they don't have the Raven 02 in stock for another month or so. Apparently they just sold their last one on hand yesterday.

I'm wondering if I should just pick up the 932 and be done with it. Is the HAF X that much better or is front panel usb 3 the only thing it has going?

·
Registered
528 Posts
i Would choose Haf X because it has filters and i like the looks of it than haf 932... the new thing about haf X is that theres 9 Pci slots, air filters, 3.0 Usb, and maybe 2x 200mm fan on top? but they would only give u 1 200mm on top so u have to buy the other 200mm fan and put it on the top.. i would choose HAf X coz for me the spitfire uses 9pci slots so it would hit the bottom Psu and i cant point it up coz my cpu heatsink is not low profile

1 - 18 of 18 Posts