Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I ran SiSandra, the complete system evaluation, and when I rebooted my system, I got lots of clicking and a failed boot (like when your ram timings are off). When I finally did get the system to boot, my clock was like 30 minutes fast, google wouldn't work because it had an "invalid security certificate", steam was saying I shouldn't run it in windows compatability mode, and about 7 or 8 of the apps in my start menu were showing up highlighted, as if I had just installed them,

I'm getting her to boot smoothly again. (I've uninstalled SiSandra). And I'm planning on doing a system restore this evening, back to maybe 2 or 3 days ago. (before I installed SiSandra). But I was just curious if anyone had had a similar issue where they're just gettting a ton of funky program errors and their computer clock is inaccurate? lol

·
Storage Nut
21,113 Posts
Yea that happens when the time is off, even the slightest. Fir example yesterday my dad couldn't sign into Netflix b/c his time was off lol. I had issues with windows update before too.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Time is what makes everything security-esque work. All certificates are based upon time and if the timestamps don't match, then it won't work. See this most commonly at work with people trying to connect to wireless with the wrong time set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts