Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work in the R&D Dept. of HP, so I have access to HP's MSDN account (For testing purposes only ofcourse
). I downloaded the latest VIsta release: RC2 Ultimate. I wanted to look around and see how some of my apps work with it so first thing I did was install aclohol 120%. Long story short... I made Vista blue screen withing 3 minuets of installation. The best part is, It's blue screening at startup. I have to completely reinstall Windows in order to fix it.

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanNEBTD
View Post

are you seriously surprised ??? LMAO

I second that. M$ has a history of seriously botching 1.0 versions of EVERYTHING.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I guess not. I just find it funny that Microsoft is making such a big deal about Vista, and it bluescreens quicker than XP

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoBe8503
View Post

Well I guess not. I just find it funny that Microsoft is making such a big deal about Vista, and it bluescreens quicker than XP

So, you are saying it's performance has ....increased? That would imply that a majority of the public who hate bluescreens will hate Vista ....faster? So...therefore only a minority of users hate M$ as much.

SO...The "performance enhancement" will have a greater impact on the majority of users. A MINORITY of users will see very little impact.

Bill Gates

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankenPC
View Post

So, you are saying it's performance has ....increased? That would imply that a majority of the public who hate bluescreens will hate Vista ....faster? So...therefore only a minority of users hate M$ as much.

SO...The "performance enhancement" will have a greater impact on the majority of users. A MINORITY of users will see very little impact.

Bill Gates

well put. . . you should work PR for M$

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metalica732
View Post

OOHHH u work at HP R&D ur my new hero. Can u give us some insite into the company on what's coming out. Have u seen any of the VOODOO guys hangin around there. And can u take some sweet pics on what goes on. I'm so exited ur my new hero. And yes i had RC-2 and it's a load of garbage i think RC-1 was much better.

It's in the cameras and scanners area. No new machines in my world, sorry. One perk of the job though... When a new camera comes off the line, we are the first to get one... For Free. Its freakin sweet.

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
Dude you need to hook it up with a digital video cam

·
Registered
325 Posts
I had that happen.I was using RC1 and as soon as it started up it blue screened me.I didn't even get to finish the install.lol
I had a pic of it somewhere.
Vista ran fine on my Pentium D but it hates my C2D.So I am staying with XP for good.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
u cant run any mounting programs in windows vista b/c they blocked the drivers needed for the virtual drives. i believe it states when your installing either alcohol or damon tools that its blocked due to program compatibility issues. there is how ever one program whihc works with the vista 32bit version, that is poweriso. it even states on there website that its supported in windows vista b/c it doesnt require drivers for the virtual drives

P.S. i believe that they will lift this block when vista RTM's, sence i'm guessing they have had time ot make them compatible

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I still think Vista is just a marketing scheme. It's advertised as Win XP with a few "bigger and better" changes - "all for the great price of only...." Why bother...XP works just fine.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
When i had vista i really didn't see that many improvments i thought it was just a giant skin on the OS. Also if u guys didn't know in RC-1 there was like some compatability wizard that let u run xp programs or something like that. I was able to run certain programs in RC-1 that won't run in RC-2. Although i forgot what they where i think it was spyware doctor.

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
Sigh anyone who says Vista is just a flashier XP has hardly used the OS and barely knows what it can do.

·
OVERCLOCK IT OR DIE
7,336 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn156
View Post

I got to use it for a week.Really,take away the few things that make it look better, and its XP.

This is the second time I've seen you make such an ignorant statement on Vista. Honestly what did you do with Vista? Surf the web and play Solitaire??

·
Registered
325 Posts
No I done a few things actually.
Vista didn't even support my sound card.Its an Audigy 2.
When I built this new computer I am using,I couldn't even install Vista,it gave me the BSOD.
Do you really think I want the BSOD?To me Vista is to hyped and nothing but Junk.How long will it take for people to start making virus' for it?So much for the high security thing.
I wouldn't waste my money on it.I'd buy another piece of hardware.
Another thing I hated was how it was just a resources hog.And then there will be PC manufactuers sending out computers with 256MB and expecting it to run Vista.I'll be busy adding Ram to computers for a few months I guess.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
i dont know why everyone hates it so bad...

i didnt knotice any perfomance loss. and the only problem with instability was with ata drivers trying to use my 27 inch tv for my mointor
other than that its great! and i love the visual parts of vista! absolutly love them!

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by uberjon View Post
i dont know why everyone hates it so bad...

i didnt knotice any perfomance loss. and the only problem with instability was with ata drivers trying to use my 27 inch tv for my mointor
other than that its great! and i love the visual parts of vista! absolutly love them!
"Good, bad, who's got the gun?"
-Army of Darkness

Look, the point is moot. Vista is Windows V9.0 (Windows 3.1, 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP). You WILL use it...like it or not. Such is life with M$.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I noticed a performance drop.I had Vista Ultimate installed and let me tell you it killed everything.I won't be upgrading to it any time soon but for those who do,good luck with it.I skipped Windows ME and I sure as hell will be skipping Vista.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts