Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A freshly cleaned sink + furmark for only 10 minutes = 102c card ? Its waay too hot . I could bake on it . With manual fan @ 100% its still in the mid 90's . *** is with furmark ? Anything else i play ( like crysis 2 , bfbc2 , mass effect 1/2 ) the card tops out @ 80-85 . But it nearly shuts down with furmark . What does actually furmark do to graphics cards ?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I remember Furmark frying someone's GTX 570 once. It always seems to damage graphics cards. I stay away from the program like the devil.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yes, if your games are working fine then i'd suggest removing furmark from your pc before you kill that gfx card and can no longer play games, furmark is a killer, it produces massive amounts of heat and it will allso suck the watts from your psu like no game ever would.
I'd have to advise against furmark for long periods of time!

·
Not having a good time
2,395 Posts
They dont call it a "GPU Burn in Program" for nothing...

·
aka PhireSide
404 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueOptic
View Post

I remember Furmark frying someone's GTX 570 once. It always seems to damage graphics cards. I stay away from the program like the devil.

Gulp!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Well the 295 cooling aint great with the dual gpus and everything, so those temps id say are normal. As for damaging the graphics card, I highly doubt that will happen. Nvidia cards have a saftey if it gets to hot it will auto shutdown, and I think the 200 series max temp is 105c anyway.

·
Overclocked
3,924 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkslayer7
View Post

A freshly cleaned sink + furmark for only 10 minutes = 102c card ? Its waay too hot . I could bake on it . With manual fan @ 100% its still in the mid 90's . *** is with furmark ? Anything else i play ( like crysis 2 , bfbc2 , mass effect 1/2 ) the card tops out @ 80-85 . But it nearly shuts down with furmark . What does actually furmark do to graphics cards ?

Is your card overclocked? Furmark is known to push overclocked cards way harder than stock ones.
My GTX 470 @ stock would reach 95c and with the autofan increase the temp will go to 91c and stay there.
However when I OC the card even slightly. If I don't stop the program the card will reach 105c like nothing.

·
Overclocked
3,924 Posts
1-Maybe you poorly applied the TIM
2-heatsink not set properly.
3-your case doesn't have good airflow.
All of these are reasons for the high temps.
But TBH as long as your gaming temps are fine you don't have to worry much about it
smile.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts