Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-addicted to folding.

ok so roughly a week ago I gave my friend my zalman 9700 and when I went over there he said he had some problems getting it booted, long story short his 750i ftw mobo fried.....he decided to buy a new one, an asus p5q deluxe(I did not have anything to do with this) even though its covered by a lifetime warranty......he pretty much just doesn't want to deal with the rma process.....

SO the next time I speak to him, probably in the next few days or over the weekend, if he still decides to skip the rma on the 750i. I will definitley be able to get it from him and rma it myself....he hasn't registered it so I should be able to do this right?

if all works out I will be ONE step closer to a folding rig.....lol I'm such a nerd the excitement is ridiculous

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Congratulations!! It's a fairly solid mobo, although it does seem some are picky. Just remember it is an "enthusiasts" board and will not recognize your memory. It will automatically set the default speed to 533 and some really crappy timings. Just enter your speed, voltage and timings manually. There are also memory slots to save your settings so when you get a good setting save it in a slot so that if you must erase the board while overclocking you can just reload the last good settings. It is quite a nice time saver IMO.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tufelhunden
View Post

Congratulations!! It's a fairly solid mobo, although it does seem some are picky. Just remember it is an "enthusiasts" board and will not recognize your memory. It will automatically set the default speed to 533 and some really crappy timings. Just enter your speed, voltage and timings manually. There are also memory slots to save your settings so when you get a good setting save it in a slot so that if you must erase the board while overclocking you can just reload the last good settings. It is quite a nice time saver IMO.

well funny thing is.....the first week of operation on my sig rig was with a 750i, but not the ftw.....I rma'd it with nothing wrong with it other then it running hot...at stock speeds. After going to xtremsystems and asking around I was told nforce can and might run hotter, so I asked for recommendations and now I'm here with my p5q deluxe.

So yea I know it wont recognize any memory what so ever, and I know I couldn't install windows with more then one dimm lol...so I am kind of prepared......My p5q has something similar to that, its called like asus profile something or other.....I have two available profiles that save everything in bios that I have set. I use one for my 24/7 and the other right now is my 4.0 overclock, which I haven't touched since I got my TRUE.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts