Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

The World Wide Web is a network of inter-connectivity that goes everywhere and follows its own intelligence. The advent of this newly emerging communication field around our planet has enabled citizens from all lifestyles to communicate globally via words, sounds and pictures â€" inexpensively, person-to-person; and from the safety of their own homes and offices â€" for the first time ever.

Source

·
In a van...DOWNBYTHERIVER
3,590 Posts
****. They will be capable of 'talking' to eachother, which will eventually end in our imminent destruction!

·
Registered
841 Posts
2030? nah where screwed waaay before that!

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Eh... my biggest problem is that if you download your mind onto the net all you are doing is copying yourself. Your consciousness is still up there, in your brain. You would need to LITERALLY take all of your brain activity and put it onto a computer or the internet. Leaving your brain inactive and dead.

Then again, this is really strange indeed.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by slipstream808
View Post

Eh... my biggest problem is that if you download your mind onto the net all you are doing is copying yourself. Your consciousness is still up there, in your brain. You would need to LITERALLY take all of your brain activity and put it onto a computer or the internet. Leaving your brain inactive and dead.

Then again, this is really strange indeed.

Then you'll be the internet!

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,742 Posts
Skynet x 1000

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
for any kind of consciousness, there will need to be more than hardware hooked up together.

link up 1000 processors with one of them being some kind of "control" unit to divvy up the work, and they'll get it done pretty quickly. they won't suddenly become "aware" of what they're doing unless that control processor has the right instruction set

·
Premium Member
5,772 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gsk3rd
View Post

skynet.......

yup exactly... dont let this thing read about the terminator movie series...

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nailuj
View Post

quick! How do you say "i surrender" in binary!?

01001001001000000101001101110101011100100111001001 10010101101110011001000110010101110010

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
eh, if it does achieve some level of consciousness, i'm positive it wouldn't be evil or anything.

think about it - do you get pissed off at your brain cells?

·
Registered
406 Posts
It couldnt be evil or good, those are traits which humanity has created to go along with morals and socialogical thinking. it would work on logic and logic alone. many would conisder a pure unrelentless logic mindset as evil.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts