Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have read a punch of post saying that there is minimal differences between the Fuzion V2 and GTZ cpu cooler block. But when it comes down to the Q9550 is one better than the other or is it still up in arms? Just want to know since frozen cpu got the Fuzion back in stock and am going to buy one of them today for sure.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I use the GTZ. I had the Fuzion V2 in there for a while but I HATE the lack of space between the two barb positions. GTZ affords more space and I'm using 1/2" compression barbs. With the Fuzion, you're pretty much limited to zipties. The reusable clamps' thickness will not allow easy fit with the 2 barbs so damn close to each other.

I'm happy with the GTZ and performance has been pretty comparable. In my opinion, the GTZ also has better looks.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
same performance really, end result is GTZ is about 1c colder at load on average while fuzion is lower in idle by about 1c lol

GTZ looks much better and is thinner, so i would go GTZ, and i did, coming this thursday
!!

·
Premium Member
5,278 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueNoob
View Post

same performance really, end result is GTZ is about 1c colder at load on average while fuzion is lower in idle by about 1c lol

GTZ looks much better and is thinner, so i would go GTZ, and i did, coming this thursday
!!

You know Silk, whenever you finally convert to ATI we're going to have very similar systems
I'm getting the GTZ in about a week or two.

·
Banned
12,158 Posts
Yes they are pretty much the same. The GTZ performs SLIGHTLY better than the fuzion in most cases, but is also SLIGHTLY more restrictive. It is really up to you. The blocks are very similar in performance and restriction, both include in stock form great mounting equipment and backplates. So in the end, it's up to which one you want to buy.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
i agree GTZ but all in all the gtz looks better anyways so yea

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Well for a quad id recommend the EK Supreme..brilliant block for quads, but it is pretty restrictive..just needs a decent pump.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueNoob
View Post

!!

I love mine TN, you've made a fine choice.

Nice cooling rig you've got going there.

·
Banned
11,146 Posts
gtz or ek supreme! the supreme is so good looking! *yummy* and performs very good with a good pump!

·
Registered
566 Posts
I went with the GTZ. My only complaint about it is that although they lap it in manufacturing, when you bolt the top onto the waterblock, it pulls the corners up and makes it extremely convex. I had to spend about 3 hours lapping on 200 grit to get it flat. And even now it's still not perfect, I may have to lap it some more, but I figure, it's flat enougth...

·
Banned
12,158 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by go4life View Post
gtz or ek supreme! the supreme is so good looking! *yummy* and performs very good with a good pump!
There are 3 things I don't like about the supreme.

1. Too restrictive.

2. Too expensive for what you get (see next one for explanation)

3. Lackluster mounting hardware included.

While the supreme is the same price as the fuzion v2 and GTZ, it does not include a backplate or sophisticated mounting hardware that the fuzion and GTZ have, meaning you have to buy it separately.

But even with those 3 faults, it is still a very good block.

·
Banned
16,364 Posts
I love my GTX.. I am sure the GTZ has done nothing but improve on the design, however slightly it may be. Another user also commented on the spacing between the barbs, for the FV.2, it is hard to get clamps in between the two..small zips work a little better.

*off topic- I wonder if Martin has tested the GTX base, with a GTZ top..and vise/versa..?

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Has the new XSPC Edge been released?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.