Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a crap card but sometimes it doesnt even run crap games without putting artifacts on the screen. I downloaded that coolbits registry patch thing and went to autodetect for the clock frequencies and it actually recommended a speed SLOWER than the factory settings. Any ideas why this would be?

Also in the AGP settings on the same panel it says the AGP config is determined by the capabilites of the OS. Under that it says the capability of the OS is 2X but still the optimal is set at 8X. COuld it be a setting in the OS that is slowing me down? Im running XP Pro With SP2? Or will the GFX card run at the optimal settings regardless.

Examples of a game that dont run prop is bad boys 2. Artifacts all over the place when there are more than a couple of peolpe on the screen. Is ok when just me and the surroundings. Hope someone can help as this has been annoying me for a long time now. The game is smooth enough though.

P.s dont know if this is related but in windows my screen will go off then come back on after a couple of secs.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaz_j

I downloaded that coolbits registry patch thing and went to autodetect for the clock frequencies and it actually recommended a speed SLOWER than the factory settings.

Damn that's funny.

Do you get artifacts at the lower frequencies?

Make sure your motherboard drivers are up to date (chipset, AGP).

Directx 9c installed

Try different graphic card drivers

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
i have your same card. make sure that you've downloaded the nvidia signed drivers @ nvidia.com ... they are somewhat great... i havent benchmarked w. them, but hopefully i can soon. however, d/l the latest drivers, make sure youre cooling it off enuff, and you should be able to run it at stock, if not overclocked speeds w/ decent cooling. by the way, is there a prog to monitor the gpu temp?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts