Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I saw a 3200+ A64 at 2.7GHz that got the same score cpu score as me.
Is it defective?

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
It is not based solely on the processor. Vid card, number of vid cards, type of memory, speed of memory, speed of fsb can all contribute to the score. The A64 3200+ probably had a better overall setup.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Also...
The 3200 didn't use the 12x you are using, it defaults to 10x so he must of had a much higher Bus speed which would improve performance.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PROBN4LYFE
View Post

Might've been me...LOL
You better get that BUS SPEED over a G if you want to start making head room

Uh, no.

However, RAM is a huge factor in what your CPU scores are. If you had BH-5 running at 250 1.5-2-2-0-1T you'd high your score quite a bit. Beyond that, there's about a million different things from BIOS "tightness' to million supposedly "minor" ram settings that can effect your rig and drag it down.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so should I run a divider and run the mem at 2-2-2-5 200mhz, keep it 1:1 at 250mhz 2.5-3-3-8, or lower the fsb to 200, up the multiplier to 15 and run the memory 1:1?

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
I disagree, I'd run the highest MHz my ram was capable of on it's loosest timings and then tighten only as much as I can on the divider that allows the highest ram OC.

Generally speaking, it appears that in 95% o fthe cases higher MHz matters more than timings on the A64 platform. Read, here:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40178

While this is not the end all be all test, it does say a lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts