1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Wow... dual core... I'd so love one of those!

Waiting till the price drop..... ohhh... patience....

2.6Ghz stock! Amazing. I love AMD.

·
Registered
361 Posts
My wife told me to get one for my late X-mas present,but I think that Im just gonna get a 4800 and some wcing stuff and a new case.

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TechWareLabs

At 3.2 GHz we are able to use the stock heat sink included with the FX-60 at a mild 35C. This is an amazing 600 MHz over stock with very little tweaking to get there. The FX-60 simply has amazing over-clocking potential!

It is our opinion that the FX-60 is the fastest consumer processor on the planet. With processing power this high it's hard to see how Intel will compete. The AMD 4800+ already comes out ahead in most benchmarks against the Intel Pentium D 840 EE, so the FX-60 is the last nail in the coffin for those users still wondering which processor to get for ultra performance. The boys in space suits should stop dancing and start putting out a better product or soon it won't really be seen as a competition.

http://www.techwarelabs.com/reviews/...sors/amd_fx60/

I'm a get one...

Edit:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ncix.com

ADAFX60CDBOX AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 Processor S939 Dual Core 2.6GHZ 2MB L2 Cache 90NM Retail Box In Stock $1,325.46

Well, my Oppy's going up for sale now.

R

·
Registered
66 Posts
Well Intel just lost the initiative in there "gaming processors"
In a recent BestBuy ad. I looked and 8 out the 10 computers advertised were AMD not Intel. Viva la revolution!!!!

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Warmaster

My wife told me to get one for my late X-mas present,but I think that Im just gonna get a 4800 and some wcing stuff and a new case.

Why not save some money and get an Opty 170 or a 4400+ in which both sould OC well and they have the same cache as the 4800+

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Would you guys belive that the price of that processor is more than double what I payed for my current computer in 2003?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chipp

Would you guys belive that the price of that processor is more than double what I payed for my current computer in 2003?

Agreed that the price is totally INSANE!!

However, 3.2GHz on STOCK cooling? Is that not insane as well? Compare that to an FX-57, which is really only $100 cheaper, and I don't believe they're hitting that kind of speed on air. I'm dying for one, as this will be the best performance you can get for 939, as it makes way for the new socket. So unless I wanna build a new system again, this is as good as it's going to get.

I don't even really care that it's dual core, that's not the draw for me, it's what it hits on air, it being dual core is a bonus. Perhaps with one of these at 3.2GHz my CPU would finally start catching up to my GPU's, no?

-Sean

1 - 14 of 14 Posts