Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this question has been asked before but I cant seem to find it.
Is there a simple way to OC my fx-60?
specs.

Sager 9750
7800 go gtx 256
2gig ram
anything would help

·
Registered
415 Posts
First thing to do is fill out your system specifications. Click on user CP on the menu bar and then edit system specs on the left side. Fill in as much information as you can.

I looked up your computer and since it is a laptop most likely you cannot overclock it. However I am not 100% sure of this check for to see if the options in your bios are locked. Laptops do not get very good cooling either because of the little space and minimal airflow, be really careful with your temps.

·
Banned
1,131 Posts
start in your bios, check your RAM/CPU possibilities
(for instance, my bios doesnt let my VDIMM go over 2.8v, that kinda sucks, cause my value ram needs that extra push
)

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts

·
Banned
1,131 Posts
yeh, read that thing, but BIOS is the thing at startup, you know? To access my MSI bios i press DEL, it always says at early startup. Make sure youre not going into Boot menu, but bios

·
Banned
1,131 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangPanda

Try F1, My friends laptop gets into bios by hitting F1 but he does not have any adjustable options except boots devices.

well, its different from every bios to bios...trust me, tho it should say

·
Registered
688 Posts
lol commander kool he must of posted at the same time as you, look for htt settings.

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
Why are you trying to overclock a laptop? You'll just fry everything. Besides, why would you need to OC an FX-60? It's like the fastest consumer CPU.

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
WOW, that is a kickazz lappy, how much did you pay for that beast??

·
Registered
586 Posts
ah overclocking an already hot dual core fx60 in a laptop is a recipe for disaster. Keep it stock and wait for dual core games to come out.

Bios is either DEL, F2, or F8. Also you can press <tab> to hide the boot screen most of the time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.