Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i read that the new AMD FX-60 kicked intels 955EE butt all day long in testing. But what about overclocking the crap out of each, then what? the intel has been past 7ghz with 15000 3d05 on on vidow card a 1800x. anyone who how the AMD can compair?
 

·
Old Timer
Joined
·
4,895 Posts
Well, the Intel chip will always out-clock the AMD chip because it is 65nm and the FX60 is 90nm. If this will help it much, I dont know. I would think it would, as from what I read they were pretty close, so if you got the Intel up over 4-4.5 GHz, I would think you would start beeting the FX60.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,994 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by SoaDMTGguy

Well, the Intel chip will always out-clock the AMD chip because it is 65nm and the FX60 is 90nm. If this will help it much, I dont know. I would think it would, as from what I read they were pretty close, so if you got the Intel up over 4-4.5 GHz, I would think you would start beeting the FX60.

But if you clock the Intel at 4-4.5, 80% chance that you can get the FX60 to 3.0 which would still beat the Intel.
 

·
Old Timer
Joined
·
4,895 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by not2bad

But if you clock the Intel at 4-4.5, 80% chance that you can get the FX60 to 3.0 which would still beat the Intel.

Really? What about non-gaming apps?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,792 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by SoaDMTGguy

Really? What about non-gaming apps?

The FX-60 would probly out perform the Intel chip .....but it would be close because people say Intel is good for multitasking, but i bet it would be REAL close
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,811 Posts
im an intel guy, but unfortunately im gonna have to say that at this point in time and for a little while longer... AMD has the best of the best, OCed or not...
for all programs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,630 Posts
There is an article in the latest maximum pc detailing this matchup. The intel puts up a valiant struggle, but it still gets creamed by the fx-60
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by not2bad

But if you clock the Intel at 4-4.5, 80% chance that you can get the FX60 to 3.0 which would still beat the Intel.

True, but if you were to put both cpu's on a good phase change system, the 955 would hit around 5.5ghz, maybe more, and the FX would do what, 3.2-3.3ghz. In that case, it would be a much tighter race, and the Intel might even edge out the AMD. Some of the guys at XS have been putting up crazy high benchmarks with sub zero Preslers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by HardwaterH4ck3r
There is an article in the latest maximum pc detailing this matchup. The intel puts up a valiant struggle, but it still gets creamed by the fx-60
right thats what i saw. what about just water colded. is dont think it could get much past 50c on my setup. at 3.84ghz and 1.44 volts my 840 only gets to 45c on 100%load.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top