Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well....after reading all the reviews, I really couldn't find any reviews on the FX-6100.
Between the two cpu, which would be a better buy? 6100 is only $20 more, or should I wait for the 8120 to get back in stock?
confused.gif

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Get the FX CPU.... Microsoft should releases updates, and there will be BIOS updates to be released, which should improve better performance than the Phenom II

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtest;15332456
http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-fx-8150--8120-6100-and-4100-performance-review/10

btw, can you link me to the patch/bios info on any official site - i don't see Microsoft or AMD mentioning anything like that, according to AMD Bulldozer is working as intended.
Think logically.... Windows 7 Does not know how to use the FX CPU's full potential (Yet) This is the first 8 Core CPU with modules.... or whatever....

Then on the other hand there's BIOS's..... Of course there will be BIOS updates that will continue to improve the CPU's performance. (For an Example. Go onto the ASUS Site, and under BIOS/Drivers for the Crosshair IV, look down at the previous BIOS version to the very latest.

Let me know if you see anything about System Performance Improvements.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'd say all or nothing. If you're going with an FX, I'd at least get an 8-core (8120 imo). Otherwise don't bother.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
1090t is better in almost all benchmarks and with 2 less cores.

It's a tough call but I'd agree with the others, if you'll get at least the eight core then FX, otherwise, 1090t.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiivari;15332590
Seriously just get the X6..
Atomfix seems a bit too sure about all these magical improvements... They may help a little but who knows... Just wait a few weeks for all this to settle.
Skiivari seems too *Unsure* about the soo called magical improvements, which I didn't mention anything about "magical" improvements.

Just wait and see if Microsoft will ever release some new CPU drivers.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the reply guys.
I guess I'll just wait till 8120/8150 is back in stock.

·
Premium Member
6,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomfix;15332551
Think logically.... Windows 7 Does not know how to use the FX CPU's full potential (Yet) This is the first 8 Core CPU with modules.... or whatever....

Then on the other hand there's BIOS's..... Of course there will be BIOS updates that will continue to improve the CPU's performance. (For an Example. Go onto the ASUS Site, and under BIOS/Drivers for the Crosshair IV, look down at the previous BIOS version to the very latest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomfix;15332428
Get the FX CPU.... Microsoft should releases updates, and there will be BIOS updates to be released, which should improve better performance than the Phenom II
Garbage...

Okay there will be BIOS Updates but no one said that it would improve performance, don't speculate like that...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomfix;15332551

Um? i7's have HT= 8 Threads. AMD Opteron workstations =16 Cores.
Dude, There will not be a single patch IMO.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Definitely get the 1090T, there is no contest. And this makes sense if you consider Thuban architecture vs. Bulldozer architecture. If you want to get a Bulldozer CPU at all, you should consider the 8120, since that is the only one that makes remotely any sense to get because of the way the prices are right now.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyMaster;15333354
I'm going throw this in here: You guys have a lot of hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adridu59;15333432
Garbage...

Okay there will be BIOS Updates but no one said that it would improve performance, don't speculate like that...
Be gone Mr, Intel's!

You have no faith. There's alot of talk about the FX CPU's performing alot better on Win8, and that could mean only one thing.... Driver's.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts