Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hardware Maniac
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy im thinking of adding a second 7950 3gb to my build but im not sure if the fx will handle bf4 at 60 fps + at ultra?
rolleyes.gif

Any one tried?

·
Hardware Maniac
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1080p 60hz can have 72hz if i push the screen

But im gonna wait for mantle..

(the fx 6300 destroy older gen ( I7 900 so i think it not too bad
smile.gif

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonami2 View Post

1080p 60hz can have 72hz if i push the screen

But im gonna wait for mantle..

(the fx 6300 destroy older gen ( I7 900 so i think it not too bad
smile.gif
Mantle is out already and has been for about a month. Where have you been? Its implemented in catalyst 14.x drivers. As for a 2nd 7950 why not? You will be a bit bottlenecked by the CPU but at that point you are pushing 100+ FPS maxed out so I doubt you will care.

·
Registered
339 Posts
mantle still doesnt work really well for me for more than 2-3 games, my 9370 at 4.8-4.9 uses 75-85% cpu with 7970 xfire in bf4, the 6300 will bottle neck in some cases.

maybe once it starts working correctly it will help but most games dont support it either

either way your RM 650 wont be up for the task regardless, esp with an overclocked cpu. my 750 struggles enough running my 250w+ cpu and an overclocked 7970 and a bunch of fans etc. had to grab a separate power supply for my second card and some other components

also I doubt that heatsink will keep your cpu cool at 4.8 full load

if you really want to go that route grab a 8320 first, I have a good 8320 that will run 4.8 but you would definitely need a new heatsink for that. I could sell you it if your interested( or possible trade for the 6300 and some cash), I only had it for about 6-8 months, originally had a 6300 then upgraded then upgraded again to my 9370 which cant overclock much higher than it haha

·
Hardware Maniac
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
h100i was on the road but anyways i think im just going to stay single gpu

7970 overclocked vs 7950 stock is not the same thing at all

fx 8320 overclocked vs a fx 6300 too old gen vs new gen if i remember well
rolleyes.gif
better power comsumption

and for mantle i know it their but EA are drunk
thumb.gif

·
Hardware Maniac
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i knowm y pcu never go over 75% load in bf4 so i have enough power left for some fps more.... But i think the engine is not optimised enough to use 80% up of cpu power
rolleyes.gif

Im getting more ram next month and an h100i and will test my fps and overclock my 7950 that is waiting just for that
biggrin.gif
and i report back how it go with cpu usage

·
Premium Member
8,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonami2 View Post

i knowm y pcu never go over 75% load in bf4 so i have enough power left for some fps more.... But i think the engine is not optimised enough to use 80% up of cpu power
rolleyes.gif

Im getting more ram next month and an h100i and will test my fps and overclock my 7950 that is waiting just for that
biggrin.gif
and i report back how it go with cpu usage
Two 7950 will be pushing it on a 650watt, Hope you don't have plans for some overclocking.

Though as for the question at hand. The fx6300 is a little on the weakside for SLI/CF. While it will work and some games should only take a little to no hit, some games will just not like the little fx6300. The Chip is just pretty meh on Single thread and your multithread is probably lower then a higher clocked first gen i7. I would upgrade to a fx8320 before taking on two higher end cards.

To use a budget CPU for CF is not the best idea. Expect to have frame drops, stutter, and poor scaling for some of the games you test.

·
Hardware Maniac
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
finally replayed bf4 for fun since i do not play often because of my ram stutter

64 player in operation locker edit ( about that fps on all map with 64 player
biggrin.gif
thumb.gif

Mantle 80-130 fps 7950 1150 core cpu about 70% gpu 96% all time

direct x 60-100 fps and drop to 50 cpu about 70% gpu dancing at 80% 95%

Finally no cpu bottleneck just discovered that direct x is a piece of crap that cant even use a cpu well
biggrin.gif

http://www.bf4blog.com/battlefield-4-retail-gpu-cpu-benchmarks/

looking at that show the 6300 behind an current gen i5
rolleyes.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts