Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im not able to take any pictures of my bios right now but I have my chip at 4.6 GHz 10 rounds IBT and 3 hours and 15 minutes P95 stable. It hits about 60C after about an hour in P95 and sits there. Now from what ive read, this is fine. I may upgrade my cooling (i mean there is a dent in the rad and im a bit worried about that now, not to mention garbage h100 will be 5 years old shortly). Any ways, my concern is 4 hours of crysis 3 and then 5 of need for speed most wanted and no issue... Then i goto play a physics based game that runs on only on core (gmod) and its randomly crashing.

What ive noticed when it crashes, it is usually throttled down because there is almost no load on the cores, (keyboard lcd shows me this while its hardlocked but only updates once every 3 secs so it doesnt catch everything),

When i ran my 8120, it did not crash. Now my 8320e obviously is not stable... V Core is 1.440V at idle to little load and 1.452V (Bios is set to 1.4375 i think i will post back with the real number later, LLC is Ultra High if i drop this down, the voltage at idle is a bit low and IBT throws a fit), the VRM powerphase is set to optimized (should i set this to extreme?), Current Capacity is set to 110% for CPU and NB/CPU. I post back with screenshots if needed but im not at my pc right now

·
No.2 in Gaming
1,936 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think the mobo not supporting my chip is the issue. Almost positive its to do with my voltages since it worked fine and even while overclocked, hasnt crashed until i ran gmod.

Im thinking while all 8 cores are under load, it has enough voltage to stay stable, however when gmod is only using 30% of one core, its not getting 1.452V (again my keyboard shows me the voltage while i never see it dip below 1.440V, my update interval is 3 seconds so it could very well be dipping for a split second)

Anyways Current Voltages/Settings are as follows:
Speed: 4600 (200*23)
CPU LLC- Ultra High
CPU/NB LLC- Regular
CPU Current-110
CPU/NB- 110
CPU Power Phase- Optimized
Voltage Frequency- Auto
VRM Spread Spectrum- Disabled
CPU Power Duty Control- Thermal

CPU Voltage- 1.4375V (BIOS reports 1.428V this is with the ultra high llc) (CPU-Z reports underload 1.452V and 1.440V Idle)
DIMM 1.5V
All others are auto/default

1 - 4 of 4 Posts