Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just put an AMD build together for my son with the FX-6300. I only had the stock CPU cooler on hand at the time so just went with stock clocks for now. i was certainly expecting to hear the fan ramp up and down a lot with the stock cooler. that's why i was surprised it still does the same thing after i installed the hyper 212.

now paying more attention to the temps with HW Monitor i see that the socket temps increase very quickly for what seems no reason. even if i just open a web browser i start to see the temps climb and then hear the fans start to get louder. Forget about watching a youtube video or playing a game,

i was thinking about re-seating the heat sink but thought i would ask if this is just how the FX CPUs run? I have another build with an Athlon II 640 and it doesn't behave like this.

any thoughts? thanks

like i said BIOS at defaults.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I have a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme Rev.C with a, currently stock, FX-8350. Custom 120mm fan instaled.

In games my CPU never get past 50°c. Never.

In hard load benchies, all 8 threads, get around 55°c since it´s summer here. Ambient temperature around 30°c.

Good Luck !

·
curmudgeon
5,930 Posts
Asrock mobo? No case fans?

·
Registered
292 Posts
just like jclafi i have a 8 core mines at 4.6 from 3.3 and does not ever go over 55c even when stressed to the wall usual temps while gaming are around 35c

1 - 4 of 4 Posts