Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the price is there really a difference? as far as overclocking goes are these two chips the same, just with a different base/turbo clock default? I'm wondering if its even worth spending the extra money for an 8350, or should I just get the 8320 and put the extra money into a cooler like the nzxt kraken x60?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_47 View Post

Besides the price is there really a difference? as far as overclocking goes are these two chips the same, just with a different base/turbo clock default? I'm wondering if its even worth spending the extra money for an 8350, or should I just get the 8320 and put the extra money into a cooler like the nzxt kraken x60?
They are the same chip. spend the extra money on something worthwhile. I have an 8350 that only does 4.5 when under 1.5v. Any 8320 can do that. I'm not saying they all do this but I'm saying it's the luck of the draw either way.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
the 8350 is for people who either aren't overclocking, and using the stock cooler, or people who want a better binned chip (but won't necessarily get it)
save some money and get the 8320, most people here are able to overclock their 8320s and 8350s to about the same level.

check out the vishera owners club.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Depends on how high you want to OC and the cooling you have. The 8350 is just a higher binned chip, so it can be clocked higher with lesser voltage than an 8320.

For example, say you are trying to hit 4.8ghz. The 8320 may require 1.48 vcore where the 8350 may require 1.46 vcore. This is where cooling comes into place, you will definitely be producing more heat at 1.48 than at 1.46.

Just something to consider.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
but for the extra $20 you aren't necessarily going to get a higher binned chip, for example its not guaranteed? for something like a 240mm rad for 4 fans in push pull configuration is the overclocking headroom any different at all or is that just a real luck of the draw?

·
Registered
303 Posts
My 8320 seems to be stable at 4.8Ghz using a h100i(performance mode, stock h100i TIM) if it means anything to you OP.

If you aren't going for an "extreme" overclock I don't think there will be a difference.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixson01974 View Post

I had 2 8320. 1 8320 oc to 4.7ghz with 1.488v then a blow that sucker up and then RMA it. The RMA 8320 is in my sig rig and at 4.9ghz with 1.56v. So the 8320 and 8350 are about the same for ocing.
thanks for this! I'm gonna go with the 8320 then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artikbot View Post

For 20 bucks get the 8350.

But for example in some places, like here in Spain, the difference is 40€. The 8320 makes a hell lot more of sense here
thumb.gif
lol, economy is bad here in the USA, $20 is still a lot of money. I could feed myself for a week, I am quite a cheap *** so it is a big deal
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
15,008 Posts
Quote:

thanks for this! I'm gonna go with the 8320 then.
lol, economy is bad here in the USA, $20 is still a lot of money. I could feed myself for a week, I am quite a cheap *** so it is a big deal
biggrin.gif
Worse than Spain's? We have the worse economy of the 1st world, together with Greece xD

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artikbot View Post

Worse than Spain's? We have the worse economy of the 1st world, together with Greece xD
I live in southern california, Los Angeles has the highest homeless population out of any other city in the united states.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Quote:

I live in southern california, Los Angeles has the highest homeless population out of any other city in the united states.
alot of them are probobly people who came to LA to be actors and actresses and fell into drugs.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadboy90 View Post

alot of them are probobly people who came to LA to be actors and actresses and fell into drugs.
no actually, the housing bubble inflated very high in the early 2000s around 2000 to 2005, people took out second mortgages, refinanced their homes because of the value. then the bubble popped because of artificial interest rates, now their loans are more than 2-3x the worth of their house, forcing many people into bankruptcy and homelessness. its happening to everyone, mainly the lower and middle class, but even some upper middle class, people who were considered millionaires are now bankrupt and either homeless, or leasing a much smaller and cheaper property with terrible credit.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Quote:

no actually, the housing bubble inflated very high in the early 2000s around 2000 to 2005, people took out second mortgages, refinanced their homes because of the value. then the bubble popped because of artificial interest rates, now their loans are more than 2-3x the worth of their house, forcing many people into bankruptcy and homelessness. its happening to everyone, mainly the lower and middle class, but even some upper middle class, people who were considered millionaires are now bankrupt and either homeless, or leasing a much smaller and cheaper property with terrible credit.
Same way everywhere right now. Even out here in Hawaii.... Glad I waited to buy my house. Some poor sap had to give up a 500k house for 280k, and I was there to reap that benefit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.