Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Nvidia will stream a GTC 2010 keynote by CEO Jensen Huang tomorrow and we're expecting to hear more about the company's plans and direction it will take in the future.
Read

Yay, AMD will also make an announcement this week (or early next) (about the upcoming event, *cough, 6xxx) :)

Great week.

·
MEGABYTE ME
2,765 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dham View Post
He better have a x86 license in his hand.
and his pet flying pig

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
So it's at 20:00 tomorrow in GMT +2 am I right?

This is really great week if AMD announce they'r 6*** cards

·
Hardware Aficionado
821 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dham View Post
He better have a x86 license in his hand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain318 View Post
and his pet flying pig

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eduardv View Post
He better announce the GTX 485 with lower power usage

How about a decent dual gpu? Two revised and complete gf100's on a board - and I don't care about the power consumption as long as it is price competitively w/ the 5970. I'd even accept a dual 460gtx w/ oc headroom and maybe some extra memory (3gb ddr5?)

·
Banned
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trito View Post
So it's at 20:00 tomorrow in GMT +2 am I right?

This is really great week if AMD announce they'r 6*** cards

Yeah, however, they have moved event to 14th (if you read Charlie what is Norther Islands post, he earlier said 12th).

·
MEGABYTE ME
2,765 Posts
Quote:

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Quote:

That's what I was thinking. More specifically I was thinking about GTX 475. EDIT: A dual 460 on a single PCB would be alright for folding, but two of those cards wouldn't be possible unless they opened the GPU up for quad-SLI, and even then quad-SLI scaling is generally a horrible waste.

I want a great folding card that is efficient and works for games. The GTX 460 is pretty good, but I want just a little bit more.

However, if Stanford can get the GPU client working as well for ATi as Nvidia, I'd think about getting a 6xxx series card.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordikon View Post
That's what I was thinking. More specifically I was thinking about GTX 475. EDIT: A dual 460 on a single PCB would be alright for folding, but two of those cards wouldn't be possible unless they opened the GPU up for quad-SLI, and even then quad-SLI scaling is generally a horrible waste.

I want a great folding card that is efficient and works for games. The GTX 460 is pretty good, but I want just a little bit more.

However, if Stanford can get the GPU client working as well for ATi as Nvidia, I'd think about getting a 6xxx series card.
A GTX475 would be really nice right about now. Especially considering I have about 45 days left to step up with EVGA

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vdek View Post
A GTX475 would be really nice right about now. Especially considering I have about 45 days left to step up with EVGA

Yea. If they don't release one in the next 4 weeks I'll probably get an EVGA GTX 460 and hope that one comes out within 90 days of that.

·
Super Moderator
32,930 Posts
For some odd reason, I thought this meant that the company "Jensen" was coming in to produce video cards. This confused me, since Jensen (that I know of) produces low end audio.

·
Banned
5,034 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post
For some odd reason, I thought this meant that the company "Jensen" was coming in to produce video cards. This confused me, since Jensen (that I know of) produces low end audio.
That's exactly what I was thinking too.

·
FOCAL ARIA FTW
9,351 Posts
Same here. I was like ..."What does Jensen have to do with the Nvidia world". Then I clicked on the link and I saw the Hong Kong Phoey guy. What's his name? Huang Tiang Jin?

·
Premium Member
8,373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-block View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking too.
lol, same.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts