Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...ion-volunteers

Quote:
Space exploration volunteers wanted (The catch? It's a one-way ticket)

"We're going back to the moon, not for flags and footsteps but for a sustained presence," Olson said. "We're going to use the moon as a stepping stone to Mars and we're going to look at other interesting spots, like asteroids and near-Earth objects, and we're going to look at all the other exciting places to go in this solar system."

Since Kennedy's speech, the US has lost 17 astronauts. Three perished in a fire during early testing for the Apollo programme and 14 died in the wreckage of the space shuttles Challenger and Columbia. In 1970, Nasa engineers saved three astronauts when Apollo 13 malfunctioned 200,000 miles from Earth. But no US astronaut has ever suffered the slow oxygen starvation and freeze that would doom a spacecraft lost beyond the Earth's orbit.

·
OG
4,062 Posts
I'd do it.... maybe.

·
Super Moderator
10,389 Posts
"On the moon, nerds have their pants pulled down and they are spanked with moon-rocks!" - Mooninites

• Rep+
Reactions: A-E-I-Owned-You

·
Premium Member
4,337 Posts
Id do it in a heartbeat. It would be scary and I might die in the process, but I would do it without hesitation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by corky dorkelson View Post
"On the moon, nerds have their pants pulled down and they are spanked with moon-rocks!" - Mooninites
I am speechless. I love the mooninites more than any other character haha. Perfect quote with perfect timing. A+

·
Premium Member
5,437 Posts
im sure they can hook you up with some satellite interwebz, since youll be flyin past em and whatnot.

·
Freeflushots
3,460 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FearSC549
View Post

Wait till she sees your post.

Pfft, my wife would neverrrrrrrr voluntarily make her way on to OCN. EVER.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts