Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have really little knowledge in terms of RAM, so I'm looking to you guys for help. What is the big difference between G.Skill Trident 2000MHZ and 1600MHZ, is it really worth the 400 MHZ? This is for my upcoming sig rig.

·
Premium Member
10,858 Posts
How much more is it?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
you wont be able to run it at 2000mhz anyways as ur cpu can not handle it. only thing u can do is lower your speed to 1600mhz with tighter timings

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
I have the 2000mhz version and if you plan on doing any benching they are great. YOu can see performance gains in certain things such as aquamark, wprime, etc...

Plus I've gotten them to run at around 2200mhz for benching purposes in addition to tightening up their timings to run them at 1600mhz or 1800mhz no problem. Despite what Armenianlegend says your CPU can handle it as long as your have a good mobo and know how to tweak.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seakros View Post
I have really little knowledge in terms of RAM, so I'm looking to you guys for help. What is the big difference between G.Skill Trident 2000MHZ and 1600MHZ, is it really worth the 400 MHZ? This is for my upcoming sig rig.
hmm, your rig looks a lot like mine, and I have same issue about memory.

·
Banned
11,112 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrldindustr13
View Post

I didn't start a new post because I have mainly the same question basically same build...

G.Skill Ripjaw 2000 or 1600... am I "really" going to see a difference?

No.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmenianLegend View Post
you wont be able to run it at 2000mhz anyways as ur cpu can not handle it. only thing u can do is lower your speed to 1600mhz with tighter timings
You sir should really not post things like this.............

Anyway moving on, real world no nothing you can eyeball and say "wow, that was fast!" type deal.

Synthetic, yes you will see bigger number and increases over the 1600mhz ram.

So depends on the price and what you are going to do. But the 2,000mhz will give you plenty of head room though.

·
Premium Member
10,558 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_K View Post
You sir should really not post things like this.............

Anyway moving on, real world no nothing you can eyeball and say "wow, that was fast!" type deal.

Synthetic, yes you will see bigger number and increases over the 1600mhz ram.

So depends on the price and what you are going to do. But the 2,000mhz will give you plenty of head room though.

^ this, running your regular 24/7 settings you won't see much real world difference, but if you start benchmarking the 1600mhz ram MIGHT hold you back (some OC better than others) where the 2000 mhz leaves head room.

I spent $200 on Corsair dom 1600 c8d I thought would be good enough when first building my rig, got into benchmarking & had to shell out more for memory that could keep up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts