Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i look in my bios, my timings are 5-5-5-16. How do i get the ram to run at 4-4-4-12 like they are advertised to run?
I already tried yesterday and my pc would not start, i had to reset cmos.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything currently is at stock. I have not overclocked anything yet in this rig because of hard drive problems before

·
Premium Member
9,786 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreko44 View Post
Everything currently is at stock. I have not overclocked anything yet in this rig because of hard drive problems before
Weird, if they are running stock they should be capable of running them timings.

Post a CPU-Z screeny of your memory please

·
Premium Member
10,440 Posts
Have you tried manually set the timings? Some motherboards force RAMs to run at the motherboard's stock timings than the RAMs'.

I don't know if your feature is hidden, but it is on my motherboard. I have to press CTRL + F1 to see the options.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes, i manually set them and my computer did not restart. I restarted cmos and set the timings back to stock and everything was fine

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just tried again, and the timings are stable now...weird! I will now try to bump the fsb a little bit

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Now that the cpu will run those timings, they will not run the timings with fsb at 1336. Should i lower the timings or raise the voltage or what?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Highest voltage I'd go with HZ's is 2.30, but try to keep it at 2.2-2.25 if you can.

Also, lower timings = tighter, and harder to OC. Currently I'm at 3-3-3-5 with my HZ's. I have the same MB as you, so you shouldn't have a problem.

·
Banned
16,364 Posts
can you post the voltage you set for CAS3 on those HZ's..please. I would like to see how far I can run them at CAS3 instead of 4.

currently CAS4 and 1032mhz

1 - 14 of 14 Posts