Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I overclocked my 2X2GB G SKill ECO 1600 MHz CL7...
It's on 2009 MHz, with 9-10-9-24 and 1.55 volts and I've tested it with CPU overclocked on 4.0 GHz in Prime and it seems stable.
My only concern is if there is a danger of ram overheating or something or it will be just fine considering I have good enough airflow in my case?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindprison;12017087
Ok so I overclocked my 2X2GB G SKill ECO 1600 MHz CL7...
It's on 2009 MHz, with 9-10-9-24 and 1.55 volts and I've tested it with CPU overclocked on 4.0 GHz in Prime and it seems stable.
My only concern is if there is a danger of ram overheating or something or it will be just fine considering I have good enough airflow in my case?
It should be fine. Most RAM heat issues are caused by excessive voltage.
smile.gif

·
Registered
838 Posts
Regardless of the airflow of your case I would absolutely not worry about RAM overheating. Contrary to many people's belief, you do not need one of those gimmicky fans to cool them. Heck, I remember pushing old DDR and DDR2 ram without any heat spreaders and everything worked out.

At any rate, you are running on real low voltage so no worries; KUDOS on the nice overclock!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindprison
View Post

I would but on those voltages they don't perform very well and they drop in performance.

What do you mean exactly? You loose performance by increasing the voltage? If your at 1.55 and working your way up to 1.65, you should be able to increase the mhz, timings, or both.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmfish
View Post

What do you mean exactly? You loose performance by increasing the voltage? If your at 1.55 and working your way up to 1.65, you should be able to increase the mhz, timings, or both.

I have read about this happening with the G.Skill ECO. For some reason after you go above ~1.55 the stability goes to crap. Still can get some nice OC's at 1.55v

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
You're absolutely fine with 1.55V. You may be able to scale well until around 1.6-1.65V but most ECO kits don't. I'm pretty sure the ECOs can do 2000 9-9-9 or 2200 9-10-9.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts