Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought an x4 965BE and an ASUS M4A89GTD Pro motherboard, just wondering if someone can give me some advice on ram (4gb Dual Channel)

P.S. Ive come across ram thats been optimized for an Intel based CPU would it be a good idea to use it in an AMD set-up?
EX. G.Skill Ripjaws --------> optimized for the core i5

(Ram Price point: $100-$120)

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FasTCLocK
View Post

P.S. Ive come across ram thats been optimized for an Intel based CPU would it be a good idea to use it in an AMD set-up?
EX. G.Skill Ripjaws --------> optimized for the core i5

(Ram Price point: $100-$120)

Thanks in advance,

the "optimized for an Intel" is due to the lower volts. Intel need to run a lower volt ram than AMD.
they will work with an AMD system.

as for ram, look for low volts and lower CL like 7.
the lower the CL on the faster ram is better.

-dimwit-

·
Aliexpress shopper
922 Posts
They're perfect for my new rig, even though they did say made for i5.

·
Registered
798 Posts
yea, when they say optimised for intel, there basically telling you that the ram has been tested with an Intel Chip to operate at that frequency and those timmings at that voltage....but it doesnt make much of a difference , like I bought some Mushkin redline ddr3 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 and i can run them on an overclocked rig @ 1536Mhz 7-7-7-18 @ 1.7V just fine.....Rip jaws should do just about the same

Mushkin Redline

Gskill Ripjaws

Those 2 are your best bet for relatively cheap ram if u ask me....I use the Mushkin Redlines for a while now and im 100% satisfied by them...

*Edit this Gskill PI's would be good too....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts