Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to start off by saying this is my first RMA experience. i wasn't sure how well it would go because i know how lifetime warranties aren't so lifetime sometimes. Anyways, i noticed a problem when i couldn't pass prime95 blend at stock speeds. After 10 minutes all cores would fail. After running memtest86 for 2+ hours, errors were found with the ram. I emailed G Skill and the next day i had an RMA. I shipped this ram out on a Saturday USPS first class and i figured i would see my replacement sticks in a few weeks. Today i opened up my mailbox (Saturday, exactly 1 week ago that i shipped the ram to them) and had my replacement sticks in the mail. They came back to me exactly as if i had ordered this ram brand new from a retailer. The date on the sticks are Sept, 2010 so the sticks are pretty new. This RMA experience was excellent. G Skill not only makes great ram but has a great RMA department. I would not hesitate to buy G Skill again. I hope this post makes making your decision on which ram to run a little easier. Take care.

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
Though I've never had to RMA anything before, it's nice to know that I'll be up and running again in a week if one of my ECO's fails

• Rep+
Reactions: GMcDougal

·
Riding on the edge
3,261 Posts
I also had a VERY pleasant experience RMA'ing Ram (1 week). If you think emailing them worked nice try a phone conversation with the Tech Dept. I can't begin to tell you how much I learned with just a few calls! Very knowledgeable tech's willing to give answers/help. Every company should follow their example!!! Wonder if Asus will ever read this lol?

• Rep+
Reactions: GMcDougal
1 - 10 of 10 Posts